Pictures/ information on Courtyard villa

danag

We are in the process of booking this villa. Pictures anyone? How many can it sleep comfortably? Are there doors or just curtains?

Thanks so much for your help!:rolleyes:

Are you inquiring about the 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa when you ask about how many it can sleep comfortably?

You can find links to photos of a 1 bedroom villa suite, the courtyard area and the garden suite at this thread - http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=241523

Not sure what you mean by "just curtains".

Cruisin&Relaxin

We are in the process of booking this villa. Pictures anyone? How many can it sleep comfortably? Are there doors or just curtains?

Thanks so much for your help!:rolleyes:

There are some excellent pictures of the courtyard area here:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=9

As far as the cabin layout it is the same as an AB - here is a link to the best detail on an AB.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

How many - You be the judge from the pictures - 2 adults and 2/3 kids.

There are doors - in fact the second kids bedroom/bath requires a key card to open if you close the door. Remember to use the door stop.

Are you inquiring about the 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom villa when you ask about how many it can sleep comfortably?

You can find links to photos of a 1 bedroom villa suite, the courtyard area and the garden suite at this thread - http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=241523

Not sure what you mean by "just curtains".

Cruisin&Relaxin

I am refering to the 2 bedroom. The NCL agent is trying to tell me we can fit 5 adults in the villa and I am trying to see if it really will work. Looks a bit tight.

In reference to the curtains, there are pictures in the brochure that only show curtains to define the space between a room and the living area. That will not work with 5 adults. Sorry for the stupid question.

I have never cruised on the Jewel before, BUT, the cabin is JUST LIKE an AB Cabin on the Dawn (except its location...)

I truly can NOT imagine putting FIVE ADULTS in that space:eek:!!! In my honest opinion, it won't work. It would be just too tight!!!

The 2nd Bedroom is VERY, VERY, VERY TINY!!! I think it is OK for two small kids and one older kid. It is pushing it for two grown kids, but it will work. The bathroom is VERY, VERY, VERY TINY!!! (HALF the size of the tiny bathroom I had on the Voyager in November (a Deck 2-Quad). If the adults are on the big size it will be a tight, awkard fit.

What would work better is to get an adjoining AB and AF. You still will have a Butler and all the perks except for the private pool. You will pay less for the AF and if you have a nice Butler, he or she should allow you to have them partake in all your AB privledges, like all the meals, etc....

Good Luck!!:)

Suesan:) :) :)

I am refering to the 2 bedroom. The NCL agent is trying to tell me we can fit 5 adults in the villa and I am trying to see if it really will work. Looks a bit tight.

In reference to the curtains, there are pictures in the brochure that only show curtains to define the space between a room and the living area. That will not work with 5 adults. Sorry for the stupid question.

There are pictures of the second bedroom on the link I posted above. It is identical to A2 villa.

Then again......if you have your heart set on a "Courtyard Villa', WHY NOT squeeze everybody in one??!!:D

Are you family or friends? I do believe that you can ask for a cot type bed to be put in the Living Room (you CAN on the Dawn). So, two can sleep in the Master Bedroom (are 2 of you a "couple"?), one in the little Bedroom and one in the Living Room.

And if you all want, you can "share" the FABULOUS Master Bath!!!:D

The only drapery in the cabin is: 1. The drapes at the sliding glass door going out to the balcony. 2. Drapes that close off the Master Bedroom from the Master Bath. You can keep them tied back if you want. If you close them, it gives kind of a "cocoon" type feel to the Master Bedroom.

There are two etched sliding glass doors that close the Master Bedroom/Bath area off from the Living'Dining Room area.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!

Suesan:) :) :)

We stayed in an A3 Villa on the Jewel on November and loved every minute of it, there is a children's bedroom in the suite but its just that, It's not made for 2 adults, theres just no room to move around and keep things personnel in this area.

There is a recess pocket door between the living /dining room area that will separate the master bed/bath area, and there is a curtain that is closed each night that separates the bed/ bath area.

But in my opinion there's no way (5) adults will be friends at the end of the cruise...family or no family:eek:

Thanks for your honest input. It is really helpful. My husband and I are taking my parents and my grandmother. My in-laws are also going and staying in a balcony cabin. I am concerned they won't be allowed to hang out with us since the courtyard is for villa guests only.

I probably should take Suesan's advice and book an adjoing AB and AF.

Thanks again!;)

I also was in an A3 in November on the Jewel. I had my adult sister with me and she was fine in the children's room. The bed was just big enough for one adult. It would be very tight sleeping for two adults. There is a single pullman bed in the room also.

The closet in the children's room is really small. There is not a rod for hanging clothes in the children's room on the A3. Sis had to share my closet.

She did have three small drawers.

If you want to have your in-laws up to visit you in your suite you can do that. The Courtyard villa area and Concierge Lounge are only for those booked in the Garden Villa suites, the A3 and A4 suites and the owners suites.

The Jewel is a great ship. Fun to be had no matter what accomodation you book.

Thanks for your honest input. It is really helpful. My husband and I are taking my parents and my grandmother. My in-laws are also going and staying in a balcony cabin. I am concerned they won't be allowed to hang out with us since the courtyard is for villa guests only.

I probably should take Suesan's advice and book an adjoing AB and AF.

Thanks again!;)

Suesan is a smart lady:)

Can you see grandma climbing this ladder.

girlsroom2.jpg

Archived