Couple of quick questions....

PoleMan14

Hi everyone, new to the board and just wanted to say thanks for all the great information I have already learned. I will be sailing on the Triumph this coming March with a few friends. Here are a few questions that were still a little fuzzy.....

1) I understand most people just hide alcohol in their checked luggage and then bring soda or water right on with them. However, I have seen mixed numbers of the actual amount you can bring on....is there a set amount? I was thinking just two 2 liters in my backpack.

2) When going off the ship to a port, you are allowed to buy more soda and water at a store and then bring it on? Any restrictions with that?

3) Is ice available close to the cabins (like a hotel)

4) I am still waiting on my passport in the mail, so I have been unable to finish filling in my fun pass information on the website. I am a little nervous because we have a reserved interior and were hoping for an upgrade. Will they assign rooms without the fun pass information finished? Also, when are rooms usually assigned?

Ah, I think that's it haha, thanks in advance for the information.

-Mike

Two liters is fine. Also, you should have no problem bringing soda/water back from port stops. They'll keep alcohol. Ice is usually close by. There's an ice bucket in your cabin. Your steward will keep it filled. No specific time for assignments. I've gotten them as early as 300 days and as late as 30 minutes prior to boarding. Funpass completion makes no difference.

quote=PoleMan14]Hi everyone, new to the board and just wanted to say thanks for all the great information I have already learned.

Welcome to the boards.

1) I understand most people just hide alcohol in their checked luggage and then bring soda or water right on with them. However, I have seen mixed numbers of the actual amount you can bring on....is there a set amount? I was thinking just two 2 liters in my backpack.

They allow a 'reasonable amount' of soft drinks to be brought on, so you'll be fine with your two liters. They don't care how much water. You might be surprised - the ship's water is just fine, so I'd never bring water with me. I carry one small water bottle on board, then refill with their water.

2) When going off the ship to a port, you are allowed to buy more soda and water at a store and then bring it on? Any restrictions with that?

Yes, you can do that. Only liquor and beer will be confiscated - and returned to you the last day.

3) Is ice available close to the cabins (like a hotel)

Your cabin steward will fill your ice bucket twice a day. If you need more, just ask. You might also ask him/her where the nearest ice machine is when he/she is not available. (Stewards are off-duty from noon-five pm, usually.)

Archived