What To Do With a Butler?

sticey@aol.com

We will be sailing on Oceania for the first time &, even though we are frequent cruisers, we have never before had the luxury of a butler. Don't quite know what we can expect him to do for us. Any input from people who have experienced this added perq would be appreciated.

We just returned. A list of what the butler could do was given when we boarded.

Most seemed to take advantage of his bringing an afternoon snack but we didn't want to spoil dinner. He brought ice in the afternoon and always asked what he could do for us. We just didn't have any special needs!

Need something pressed, shoes shined? Give to him.

Need restaurant reservations, ask him.

Need anything ,just ask.

They bring appetizers about 5pm each evening automatically.

He'll be the one who will bring you room service ( and set it up).

Want a cocktail party in your room for friends, he'll handle that too.

Pack or unpack, he can do that ( although I never asked any of ours to do that).

I am sure you'll think of something..have fun..;)

Thanks for the feedback. The hors d'oeuvres every evening will be appreciated. We sailed with Celebrity in a concierge class cabin & this was one of the amenities we enjoyed. We understand that Oceania is a cut above Celebrity in many ways. Looking forward to finding that out for ourselves.

Last year the afternoon canapes were automatic, and often something that we weren't interested in eating. This year (at least on Nautica), one may choose from a menu what to have the butler deliver -- and if you are out on a shore excursion (or just not hungry), you can skip it altogether. This is a big improvement IMO.

canapes.pdf

Last year the afternoon canapes were automatic, and often something that we weren't interested in eating. This year (at least on Nautica), one may choose from a menu what to have the butler deliver -- and if you are out on a shore excursion (or just not hungry), you can skip it altogether. This is a big improvement IMO.

Phlewt - we were on the So. America/Antartica cruise with you and must agree that the afternoon canapes were uninspiring to say the least. This was hard to understand because we thought Oceania's food was far superior to other cruise lines. Looks to me that the Nautica has improved the process. We will look forward to this on our Venice/Barcelona cruise in October. Welcome back.

Rich

When I open the file, the image is so blury that it can't be read.

Sorry about the readability. The Cruise Critic attachment size limit rules make it difficult to put such an image in a readable format. I am turning it sideways and possibly this will help a bit.

canapes.jpg.9bc15318c87c841a37cad18276c44197.jpg

Was able to read it (barely).

Looks like a big improvement.

Chips and guacamole, cheese platter, cookies, and pizza all sound better than what we have had in the past. Lots of desserts, but I like having a choice between sweets and appetizers.

Archived