Valor Aft balcony 8457/8459 VS Deck 7? Deck 6?

brtls5

Hello, I booked my cruise back in March and snagged two aft balconies that are side by side on the Valor: 8457/8459. I looked today and two side by side aft balcony cabins have opened up both on Deck 6 (6485/6487) and Deck 7 (7449/7451). Would there be a reason to move down a deck or two? I've never been on the Valor and I've never had an aft cabin before so I'm unsure. I looked and Deck 8 is right under the aft pool. I didn't know if that would be noisy? It seemed convenient to be one deck down from food.

Any experience or thoughts?

Hello, I booked my cruise back in March and snagged two aft balconies that are side by side on the Valor: 8457/8459. I looked today and two side by side aft balcony cabins have opened up both on Deck 6 (6485/6487) and Deck 7 (7449/7451). Would there be a reason to move down a deck or two? I've never been on the Valor and I've never had an aft cabin before so I'm unsure. I looked and Deck 8 is right under the aft pool. I didn't know if that would be noisy? It seemed convenient to be one deck down from food.

We always stay in an Aft Balcony on Deck 7, cabins above and below, very quiet;)

I wouldn’t move to deck 6. Those rooms are right over the lounge. We once had rooms in this area and the noise from shows in the lounge went on well into the night. I had to get ear plugs at guest services to sleep. And they didn’t help much. :(

I’ve not been in that area on deck 8 but you’re right about it being right under the pool/hot tub area. I’ve heard complaints about hearing chairs scrape as the workers move stuff around while cleaning around the pool. I’ve done deck 7 many times and love it. You’re sandwiched between decks that are all cabins so it’s very quiet. We are currently booked on deck 7 for our next cruise.

On Conquest class ships (like Valor) get afts on deck 7 because you will have canons above and below. Do not ever get deck 8 afts on this class; the aft pool, hot tubs and such are right above on deck 9. They scrub the deck in the middle of the night, dragging chairs all over the place.

My vote would be for 8457. I've had this cabin on a few ships, and never got "swabbed down". Yes, you can hear chairs scraping..... Lido is only one flight up..

Also, 8457's balcony is one third wider than the other afts.

Of course, your choice! :D