Anyone been to Xcaret since it re-opened?

benelana

My husband and I are going to Cozumel in a few weeks and were wondering if anyone had been to Xcaret since is reopened December 12? Is there still damage from the hurricane? Are all facilities open and operating?

Thanks for your help.

Yep...went about 10 days ago. Everything is up and running great. The only visible damage is the isla restaurant that was damaged from Emily...in the process of rebuilding. The other 3 are open. There aren´t many butterflies yet in the pavillian yet and the stainglass house is closed. Other than that, it is lush, green, and just as great as ever. All other attractions including the underground river to snorkel and float down is fine. And the icecream is still fabulous! I will be going over again tomorrow.

Xcaret is not offered through Carnival as a shore excursion option. Do you know how long it would take to get there from Cozumel?

kcmom

I'm not sure when you're going, but the Xcaret excursion from Cozumel WAS available for the 4/15/06 Triumph trip. This JUST came up on the Shore Excursions section of the Carnival website, so you may want to check again. Good Luck!

Archived