What is your favorite land activity in St. Maarten?

Mel2421

We enjoyed a private tour by Bernard’s Tours. Included time at Orient Beach and Maho Beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the same. This last time we just used Bernard's Tours to take us to Sunset Grill. He kind of gave us a "tour" and info about the island and stopped for a few pix on the way. We set a time for him to come back and get us and he was right on time! While at Sunset Grill my DD and I rented lounge chairs and an umbrella by the pool after we had lunch and watched the planes come in. Nice relaxing day!

We have done the full Island Tour with Bernard's before and we have rented a car and exployed on our own!

• 2 weeks later...
We did the same. This last time we just used Bernard's Tours to take us to Sunset Grill. He kind of gave us a "tour" and info about the island and stopped for a few pix on the way. We set a time for him to come back and get us and he was right on time! While at Sunset Grill my DD and I rented lounge chairs and an umbrella by the pool after we had lunch and watched the planes come in. Nice relaxing day!

We have done the full Island Tour with Bernard's before and we have rented a car and exployed on our own!

Do you know if they have a website?

Included time at Orient Beach and Maho Beach.

Definitely go for it. (Unless travelling with your kids.)

You may leave laughing at yourself, it turns into "what was the big deal anyway".

And the beer is reasonbly priced.

Definitely go for it. (Unless travelling with your kids.)

You may leave laughing at yourself, it turns into "what was the big deal anyway".

And the beer is reasonbly priced.

I walked from one end to the other. There are just some things you can’t unsee. Definitely a lot of ironing needed.

Hi,

I was just reading a thread here of how devasted (or whatever word you want to use) the island still is. So, as non-drinkers who don't hang out at local watering holes, and the island in the midst of repairs. Is it worth the cost for a couple to go on a tour with Bernard? Oh ya, that thread also speaks of lots of jewelry stores in town popping up after the Hurricane (no interest) and aggressive merchants following you down the street. Ugh ....

We've never been to this island. This post sounds like I'm a negative Nancy here. I just really don't know what we should do at this Port. Book an excursion with a RCCL? Just talking outloud, any ideas? :(

Thanks,

:confused: Bobbi

Hi,

I was just reading a thread here of how devasted (or whatever word you want to use) the island still is. So, as non-drinkers who don't hang out at local watering holes, and the island in the midst of repairs. Is it worth the cost for a couple to go on a tour with Bernard? Oh ya, that thread also speaks of lots of jewelry stores in town popping up after the Hurricane (no interest) and aggressive merchants following you down the street. Ugh ....

We've never been to this island. This post sounds like I'm a negative Nancy here. I just really don't know what we should do at this Port. Book an excursion with a RCCL? Just talking outloud, any ideas? :(

Thanks,

:confused: Bobbi

Book a boat excursion that leaves from a marina close to the pier. It does not need to be a ship’s excursion.

PS: The jewelry stores are not new since the hurricane. St Maarten has long had the reputation of an island for shopping. Oh, and for eating to.

We have spent many lovely days on the water in St. Maarten so plan ahead and enjoy.:)