Vancouver Private Shuttle vs Taxi/Uber?

We will be staying in Richmond next spring prior to our Alaska cruise on the Ovation OTS. We understand that our hotel is about 45 minutes from the cruiseport. There will be 3 couples with luggage. I was wondering what would be better, a private shuttle service, Uber or a taxi? If it is a private shuttle company does anyone have any suggestions for a company?

Uber is not available at this time.... not sure about Spring.

At this time, I recommend two taxi's. Depending on where you are staying in Richmond, cost will be around $40 ($30 us) for each taxi.

We will be staying in Richmond next spring prior to our Alaska cruise on the Ovation OTS. We understand that our hotel is about 45 minutes from the cruiseport. There will be 3 couples with luggage. I was wondering what would be better, a private shuttle service, Uber or a taxi? If it is a private shuttle company does anyone have any suggestions for a company?

Hi Ginny,

We were also 3 couples (with lots of luggage) and used Pearl Limousine Service to travel from our downtown hotel to the Cruise port last year. They gave us a stretch limo upgrade instead of the Sprinter Van that we had booked. We were very happy with the service provided.

Rich

While I've only ever used Aerocar (the limo company with the airport franchise) so I can't compare and contrast with other firms, I'd also suggest that one limo would be just as good a deal as two taxis and give you the comfort of knowing exactly what you'll be paying. They do have to charge a minimum of one hour, except Aerocar who are exempt for routes to and from YVR so are always the cheapest on those trips. IIRC it's ballpark $90 per hour for a 6 person vehicle, which with compulsory 5% tax is pretty much the same price as a couple of cabs - get lucky with traffic and cabs will be cheaper, but a busy day could see the meters costing more than the limo.

If you're staying in a hotel which has free shuttles to/from YVR, you can leverage those to get back to YVR and enjoy a cheaper rate - it's about $80 for a 6-pax limo to the pier compared to two fixed-price cabs at $35 each. NB: all rates in CAD.