Disembarking the Allure

Just disembarked the Allure for an 11:30 flight to JFK. Did not rush......ate breakfast in the Solarium; left the ship at 7:20; no line at all at customs; got right into a taxi; we did luggage valet so we had our boarding passes; no line to get through security at FLL....sitting at the gate at 8:00am!

I know there are variables and potential hang ups but it does not seem that stressful making an early flight. We could have been off the ship earlier if we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by martyap

Ate breakfast in Windjammer. Headed down to Promenade and straight out to the terminal, no slowdown or issue. Family choices made us delayed in the terminal once we had our bags to go through customs because some family members absolutely refused to download anything else or create an account or enter any more information rather than use the Passport app.

The only real issues we faced were brought on by ourselves. The issue mentioned above, and an issue where we accidentally left one bag in the terminal and didn't realize it. I called RCCL while at the airport. They created a claim and took the details. We will get some kind of update to the status of the claim within 7-10 days. So, even though I called within 30 minutes of leaving the pier, with no contact phone number I could fine which answered any phone at the terminal building itself, we had to go this route through RCCL. 7-10 Days, and that's not including how long it would take for them to ship the bag back IF they find it at a minimum cost of $50. Fortunately, we have insurance. We will see what happens.

We should have found and paid for a porter, but we had no issues heading to the ship, so, we didn't think we'd mess anything up on the way back from the ship.

Good info, thanks for sharing. So,what are all the tricks to getting off the ship in a timely manner and making it to FLL for a 10:00 flight? The only other option is a 4:40 pm which means red eye to Maine. Bah.

Oh, I should have mentioned Allure will be in Miami by then (Feb 2019). Jet Blue only flies in and out of FLL or MCO, not Miami. Probably cutting it too close and need to take the red eye, eh?

I was surprised on Sunday how easy it was to get off the ship early. We were several families and I was the only one using LV so I helped others self disembark between 6am and 7am......no problem getting an elevator to get luggage down to deck 5; although there was a line at 6am....there was no line at all at 7am......and no line at 7:20 when we disembarked. As I said.......from the time we had our set sail pass scanned until we were siting at the Jet Blue gate was less than 40 minutes

Sent from my iPad using Forums