Staggered Checkin

Calypso08

I have not cruised in a few years so I was wondering...with the new "staggered check-in" has anybody noticed a huge difference in the time it takes to go through security/the whole boarding process?

I just purchased FTTF and my boarding appointment is 11:30am. In the past I never attempted to board that early since so many people were wanted to get on the ship as soon as possible.

I have not cruised in a few years so I was wondering...with the new "staggered check-in" has anybody noticed a huge difference in the time it takes to go through security/the whole boarding process?

I just purchased FTTF and my boarding appointment is 11:30am. In the past I never attempted to board that early since so many people were wanted to get on the ship as soon as possible.

With FTTF, your listed boarding time is irrelevant.

Since you have FTTF it would be very nice of you to change your boarding appointment to the latest time available so that someone who does not have FTTF can have the opporutunity to get the 1130 boarding - Since you have FTTF it does not matter what boarding time you have

Since you have FTTF it would be very nice of you to change your boarding appointment to the latest time available so that someone who does not have FTTF can have the opporutunity to get the 1130 boarding - Since you have FTTF it does not matter what boarding time you have

You should pick the check in time that closest matches when you expect to arrive as to allow staggered to check in to work as it's designed. If you are D/P/FTTF by you choosing the later time doesn't mean it will be available to those that aren't. I have tested out this theory on my own cruises. I changed mine to a later time to free it up for my mom who didn't have FTTF and it still wasn't available to her. I believe they changed the way the time slots are allocated awhile after they started the staggered check in process because many people had the same mindset as you and the early times were getting overwhelmed crowding the terminals.

I haven't ever been assigned a boarding time. Are you talking about the final boarding time that's on the boarding pass? I think that is 3.00

When is your cruise? Once you are inside a certain number of days, on your cruise manager, you can selected a check in time. Usually they start around 11 or 1130 (but depends on ship and schedule). You cannot enter the terminal until you reach your time window. 3 or 330 pm would be the last time someone could vote before the ship sails.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't ever been assigned a boarding time. Are you talking about the final boarding time that's on the boarding pass? I think that is 3.00

You have to get a check in time ,,That is the time you are allowed to enter the cruise terminal ,,, and they enforce it

There is no boarding appt.

No it would not be nice of them to pick a later check-in appointment time. In addition to helping to cut down on traffic entering the cruise terminal another point of staggered check-in is so the terminal can allocate personnel hours to the areas being shown in demand. By having those that have priority pick a later time will cause the port to assign more personnel to work in the priority section at that time, when it would be better service if they worked the general boarding lines instead.

How do I find my check in date? Always completed my check in way ahead so this not until a certain date is new for me.

Look under Manage My Cruise. In the blue box on the left where it says "Check In", it will have a date of when you can choose your check in time.

Although it often would not make much of a difference if all Priority passengers (Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF) choose a late arrival time, but showed up early it could cause a check-in back up. There might be many more cruiser there early than the port and Carnival expected.