Check in at Mobile

Curious: What’s the earliest check in time anyone has seen for Mobile this year? I cruised from there last year and was able to secure an 11-11:30 slot. Online check in just opened for my cruise this morning and the earliest slot available was 11:30-12:00. I didn’t know if they had changed their times or if the earliest slots were taken before I signed on to check in.

We used a shuttle last year and were able to bypass the massive line into the port. I wanted the earliest time available this year as we won’t be using a shuttle service and didn’t want to be stuck in that mess of a line with two excited impatient kids. [emoji51]

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! We had considered a later check in but from what I’ve read if we board later we may not be able to park at the garage attached to the port and that is a priority for us since we will have a 4 & 6 year old with us. Also, we have to be out of our hotel by noon and we are a mile from the port so we would have to find a way to kill time until 1:00. We will make it work, was just wondering if they had pushed back the check in times.

It's true. The check in times now, in Mobile, start at 11:30. Before the recent check in changes, we usually selected 11:00. Our newest bookings have 11:30. Our experience has been, in Mobile, that luggage drop and deck parking begins well before 11:00, unless there is a weather or inspection delay. We will continue to arrive around 10:45-11:00. Make sure potty needs are met; delays do happen. ;) Enjoy Fantasy and Mobile! We do! :)

Interesting. My husband just checked in this morning for an October cruise out of Galveston and the choose a time was not available - the system just assigned him 1pm. That is MUCH later than we usually show up. Thankfully we have FTTF so hopefully they are still allowing those folks to check in whenever they want as they usually do - and like it was as recently as April.

It's true. The check in times now, in Mobile, start at 11:30. Before the recent check in changes, we usually selected 11:00. Our newest bookings have 11:30. Our experience has been, in Mobile, that luggage drop and deck parking begins well before 11:00, unless there is a weather or inspection delay. We will continue to arrive around 10:45-11:00. Make sure potty needs are met; delays do happen. ;) Enjoy Fantasy and Mobile! We do! :)

I enjoyed it last year! Probably my best cruise! Mikey was great! We also cruised out of Mobile for our honeymoon but that was 2009 on the Holiday!