Laurie12820's Live AdventureOS Thread (feat. Cabin 1864!!) ~ July 6-13

Day 5 - Nassau

This morning we were up and to breakfast early as we were going to Blue Lagoon.

Our ticket said to meet on the pier at 8:45. Once off the ship we were greeted by Blue Lagoon staff and given our wrist bands. Then, we were all brought down to the boat that would take us to the lagoon.

0ec58d4578cfe279a7243d3f1c5ae4c0.jpg

We were one of the last few people to arrive so there were no seats left. Once we arrived at the Lagoon they let off the passengers who had excursions on the island first. Then they let the beach day passengers off. We walked to the end of the lagoon area and found some chairs under and umbrella.

e2ca5382724b5b937c626b07fbb8f5f1.jpg

It was HOT! We couldn’t wait to get into the water. DH took C to get her hair braided and then I took M into the lagoon. We had fun checking out the fish and looking for shells in the shallow water.

We had lunch, did more swimming and then decided to head back on the 2pm boat.

0a61b1bf8c69eb551a9331f4ca655001.jpg

We rested, showered and then we were off to dinner. We walked the ship a bit and then went to the Magic show. M wasn’t interested so I took her back to the room to head to bed.

What were the lunch options on Blue Lagoon? We will be there in a few weeks and was curious. Thx!

Hamburger (and fixings), hot dog, chicken breast for sandwiches. Salad, corn on the cob, rice and beans, fruit. It was pretty good!

Day 6 - At Sea

Another leisurely day (are you seeing a theme here?). We had breakfast in the Windjammer as usual. M made friends with a few of the staff members in there so they came by to chat with her.

We then went to the (seriously overcrowded) pool deck. I took M to the little kid splash area so she could ride the slide. DH and C went aft to the Flow Rider and slides. C rode the slides a few times as she was just a little too short for the Flow Rider. DH tried out the boogie boarding and had fun.

After, we went to lunch at the Windjammer and then M took her nap. C and I went out exploring the ship (namely eating our way through the ship). We played Bingo once M was up, we did not win the $1,000 prize. [emoji17]

Tonight we had reservations for Chops but decided to bring the girls to the dining room for dinner before bringing them to AO. DH benefited from this and had a lobster tail, lol.

After the girls had dinner they changed and were off to AO. M still wasn’t a fan of AO but she put on a brave face and we took a phone just in case.

Dinner at Chops was good. The only complaint was that DHs rib eye was done medium well rather than medium (he was really unlucky with food this trip, poor guy!). The head waiter took care of us by comping our glasses of wine and gave us another pour. Just as I was taking the last bite of my dessert our AO phone rang. Maggie was sad and missing me. We wrapped up and picked the girls up. We were all exhausted so we turned in for the night.

Hamburger (and fixings), hot dog, chicken breast for sandwiches. Salad, corn on the cob, rice and beans, fruit. It was pretty good!

Thank you so much for responding! Have picky kiddos, so was not sure of we were just going to go back to the ship.

Your stateroom looks amazing! How was it in terms of feeling the movement of the ship since it's forward? Normally I try not to book a forward cabin.

Being higher up and forward there was a little more movement than a cabin mid-ship. It wasn’t bad at all but the movement doesn’t bother us.

Day 7 - At Sea

We were woken up at 5am about and announcement about a medical evacuation. Several minutes later we could hear the helicopter outside of our window:

5cc246cec98fc7128880235675988ee8.jpg

a0ac0722043ef26279baac3059a4c553.jpg

We watched for what seemed like forever while the lowered the Coast Guardsman, two baskets and he stretcher. Apparently an 80 year old woman suffered a stroke and was med evaced out by the Coast Guard along the Carolinas.

After all of the excitement we went to breakfast and did some shopping in the Promenade. The weather wasn’t the greatest so we went to the Arcade to play more games and cash in our tickets for prizes.

We then had some lunch at the Promenade Cafe and then M went for a nap. While she was napping C and I went to play Name that Tune - Disney. We played for fun and not prizes. We then had some soft serve and then headed back to the room to pack. [emoji17]

After packing we got ready for dinner and walked the ship one last time. We were off to bed as we had a 6am wake up call.

I forgot to mention that we went ice skating in Studio B on Day 7 as well. I probably forgot to mention it because it was a disaster. M was adamant that she wanted to skate but wasn't having it when she got on the ice. She wanted someone to pick her up and skate with her. She was hauled off the the ice crying after about 10 minutes, lol. Oh well, there's always next time!

Thanks for reporting on cabin 1864. We have it booked for an 8 day Caribbean cruise in 2020 and are looking forward to it. We had the similar family panoramic cabin a couple of years ago on the Freedom of the Seas before RCCL changed it to a "suite" designation and tripled the price. Cabin 1864 looks like the best option now for those of us who do not want to pay for a suite. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Day 3 - Port Canaveral

With our arrival time around noon we had a leisurely morning on board. We had breakfast and got ready for the day. M and DH went to the little kiddo water slide and C and I went off to origami. We successfully made paper cranes whilst pulling into Cape Canaveral.

We had lunch, put M down for a nap and then C and I played a round of mini golf. At 2pm we disembarked the ship and met up with my in-laws. We headed over to Jetty park and used the beach for a while. We watched Carnival Liberty, Oasis and Disney Dream sail away and then made our way over to FishLips for dinner.

After dinner we headed on back to the shop and watched sail away from our cabin.

How was Jetty Park? Were you able to walk from the ship or did you need to take a taxi? Are there chairs, umbrellas and restrooms available? Thanks

How was Jetty Park? Were you able to walk from the ship or did you need to take a taxi? Are there chairs, umbrellas and restrooms available? Thanks

Jetty Park was ok. Not sure about getting there as my in-laws picked us up at the terminal and drove us over. I would think you’d have to get a taxi. There are chairs and umbrellas for a few and there are bathrooms and Fishlips has a site there now. DH bought some waters there.

Day 8 - Debarkation

I woke up at 5am and watched us sail back into Bayonne.

17b3592efb0787ed05d29f7a1dc8e014.jpg

I watched the sun rise over Manhattan:

8fd7c15347006404f348676dfaf4148e.jpg

I woke DH up at 6 and we began to get ready. Once everyone was up and ready we went to the Windjammer for one last breakfast. M had made friends with one of the servers, Dindo. He was great with her. He lead us to an empty table by the window so we could have a view.

After breakfast we collected our bags from our cabin and disembarked the ship. The process was long as there were only 3 agents processing passengers. It took us about 20 minutes to finally reach an agent and be cleared.

We had parked in the parking garage and needed to pay before leaving. SURPRISE!!!! None of the self-serve pay stations were working. [emoji21] So we wait again, another 20 minutes to pay and then we were finally off to the car.

All in all a good time was had. I will come back to post some of my over all thoughts for the cruise.

Thanks for reporting on cabin 1864. We have it booked for an 8 day Caribbean cruise in 2020 and are looking forward to it. We had the similar family panoramic cabin a couple of years ago on the Freedom of the Seas before RCCL changed it to a "suite" designation and tripled the price. Cabin 1864 looks like the best option now for those of us who do not want to pay for a suite. Hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Love, love, loved this cabin. My favorite to date! Plenty of room for the four of us and amazing views!