Royal Caribbean Fights Back!

LauraS

barky...who dat? do we know them?

I found the forum via google a while back. I have no idea who he is. When I first read the current thread I had a feeling Valerian was a reporter but that is just a guess on my part. In any case I found some of the links provided there to refute some of what I had come to believe as fact. And I saw mention of Jennifer's card not having been used prior to the wheelchair arrival. I don't think we had the info. before???

Very interesting....................

What I find interesting is that, this is apparently their first post on that board, but seemed to address questions that were emailed to them?

"Hi Robert, I am sorry I have not had time to find the answers to the questions you emailed me. I was just catching up on your forum and wanted to make a few comments about some fuzzy details I remember early on this case."

Sounds like a reporter or something, but they don't have all the facts right either....

And I saw mention of Jennifer's card not having been used prior to the wheelchair arrival. I don't think we had the info. before???

I think this is a conclusion being drawn, since Jennifer said that the last time George used HIS card was at 4:05(?) that morning. Not sure we have seen any "official" statement that Jennifer's card had not been used...

Something I had been wondering about the blood pics; it's hard to tell how big of an area this is. When enlarged, it looks like a huge amount of blood, but when you look at it zoomed out over the large area of the canopy, it doesn't look like very much at all. Either shot could be deceiving. Is it covering a 2 foot section or a 5 foot section?

I don't know....seems I heard it spanned about 6'.....not the center of it, but from one point to another....if that makes sense...

I think this is a conclusion being drawn, since Jennifer said that the last time George used HIS card was at 4:05(?) that morning. Not sure we have seen any "official" statement that Jennifer's card had not been used...

You're probably right. Some days I can barely remember my name while you seem to have an incredible memory. I bow to you.

Until we have a resolution to the case (if ever) we pretty much are working with whatever we can find.

I'm going to actually leave my computer for a few hours today and have a life. Be back later tonight. Hopefully you will have solved this thing so I can get some stuff done, LOL.

I found the forum via google a while back. I have no idea who he is. When I first read the current thread I had a feeling Valerian was a reporter but that is just a guess on my part. In any case I found some of the links provided there to refute some of what I had come to believe as fact. And I saw mention of Jennifer's card not having been used prior to the wheelchair arrival. I don't think we had the info. before???

What I find even more interesting is the thread about Josh's testimony in the Turkish police station. Also, Josh is brought back to (guest relations?) be interviewed after his seapass card triggers security trying to disembark in Turkey? What did RCI already know at that point?

There was mention he responded to pages for the Smith's and went to guest relations before they located JHS. He appearantly wasn't too groggy to be paying attention that morning unlike JHS. In an interview Marie stated Josh asked if blood was found???? before anyone mentioned blood to him?? No one answered his question which led JHS (also present) to believe the answer was "yes"????

Also, it has been stated he was in one of the Russians cabins and ordered room service with them and left around 5:30 AM. If he had been involved or knew what happened to GS he would have been too nervous to sleep

The secretly video taped interview. There is mention about the "fresh" cut on Josh's nose in one of the stills from the video. Also his statement, "I'm not letting Jen go to jail".????? made after he is informed (according to his attorney) by the Turkish interpretor (sp)that JHS "may be charged". Very interesting information......

Sunnyshine, now that you pitty us, would you send us a check as well. I think that is the Widow Smith's arguement.

What this poster does not know, is that my life IS online. I have an internet business,(actually 2 of them) which require me to be on my computer all day....so I have this window open, as well as the ones for my business.....not that I need to explain my actions to anyone really. :rolleyes: ......but I have added them to my ignore list, so unless someone comments back to them, I won't see anything they say.:)

When you think about it, none of us should have "the facts"! What happened to keeping things quiet so the investigation is not hampered in any way? I mean, it's one thing for people on message boards to play sleuth and discuss possible scenerios, but it's quite another for the media to be broadcasting every single little rumor they hear as fact, and for the family to be telling everyone who will listen every thing they find out. Jennifer might have been talking about how she felt she wasn't treated well that day, (but really, can you imagine being that far from home and having something like that happen?? Of course she felt totally alone and abandoned!) But at least she isn't giving out details of the witnesses and things like that. But the parents & sister weren't even there, yet they speak as if they have first hand knowledge. I think if their lawyers have any sense at all, they would slam the door in the face of the media (news and talk shows) and let the investigators do their work, and simply report things like "the Smith family is hiring another investigator to do their own investigation", and leave out things like the names of the families in the cabins on each side of the Smith cabin! (What were they thinking? They may as well post their address & an ivitation to come get rid of any witnesses.)

The family and widow need serious grief counceling, not urged on by the media to create more headlines! Shame on the media for taking advantage of these people.

You're probably right. Some days I can barely remember my name while you seem to have an incredible memory. I bow to you.

Until we have a resolution to the case (if ever) we pretty much are working with whatever we can find.

I'm going to actually leave my computer for a few hours today and have a life. Be back later tonight. Hopefully you will have solved this thing so I can get some stuff done, LOL.

HAHAHA....yeah, riiigghhhhttt.......:D ...sometimes I can't remember where I put the car keys.......:rolleyes: :D

When you think about it, none of us should have "the facts"! What happened to keeping things quiet so the investigation is not hampered in any way? I mean, it's one thing for people on message boards to play sleuth and discuss possible scenerios, but it's quite another for the media to be broadcasting every single little rumor they hear as fact, and for the family to be telling everyone who will listen every thing they find out. Jennifer might have been talking about how she felt she wasn't treated well that day, (but really, can you imagine being that far from home and having something like that happen?? Of course she felt totally alone and abandoned!) But at least she isn't giving out details of the witnesses and things like that. But the parents & sister weren't even there, yet they speak as if they have first hand knowledge. I think if their lawyers have any sense at all, they would slam the door in the face of the media (news and talk shows) and let the investigators do their work, and simply report things like "the Smith family is hiring another investigator to do their own investigation", and leave out things like the names of the families in the cabins on each side of the Smith cabin! (What were they thinking? They may as well post their address & an ivitation to come get rid of any witnesses.)

The family and widow need serious grief counceling, not urged on by the media to create more headlines! Shame on the media for taking advantage of these people.

I agree with everything you said. But, it's too late for them to turn back now...they really didn't think things through I think...

So, Greta will be discussing this Monday night? Thanks,

I just bought my best friend a mini long hair dox for Xmas...we love them!! I had to order her online, and she flew from Alabama to Florida....I went to pick her up, and she was even more adorable in person, than she was in the pix. I did not buy one locally, because they were $1000.00, to $2200.00, with AKC, but I got Gracie for $720.00 including her flight here, and she has champion bloodlines, and full AKC.

Anyway, do you breed? I may want one for myself....any advice for housebreaking them?? Is there somewhere else I can post to you? Another board?

Here's a pic of her, 14 wks.

53426292-S.jpg

Sorry to get off track......:o

http://tvshogal.blogspot.com/2005/07/cruising-med-murder-mystery-mayhem.html.....interesting early describtion of events from someone who was on board ship. Question: can we rely on Seapass alone to know who was where...when? If you accompany someone to their room, if someone inside the room lets you in.....?

Link didn't work...

One other thing - Corona, I'll be on the Brilliance in March and staying in a GS above George's room. Rest assured, the first thing I'm going to do is open the balcony and look down! Then I'm going to start checking for cameras, seeing if I can peer around balconies....my neighbors will think I'm nuts!! :D

Make sure when you look down someone is holding on to you (whom you trust <g>)

Bunting, this is what I was talking about when I said she wasn't found till the last or next to last night (this says the last night)

http://www.hawaiinews.com/archives/crime/000131.shtml

Investigators said a third note was discovered that specifically threatened Ferguson, in an apparent attempt to throw them off. According to the FBI, she ultimately confessed to writing the notes in an interview on Friday and was arrested the next day while the ship was docked in Maui.

I do remember hearing she was kept in the brig overnight, which is what I was referring to. (BTW, the authorities --FBI --were on the ship during the enitre cruise.) Is that whaqt you meant by the authorities had her?

Anyway, I think all of the media attention is blowing things way off course. One person can tell the exact same thing to a room full of reporters & talk show hosts, and we'll get a slightly different story from each one of them! (Kind of depends on the slant each reporter uses!)

Just make sure someone is holding on to you when you do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks4

One other thing - Corona, I'll be on the Brilliance in March and staying in a GS above George's room. Rest assured, the first thing I'm going to do is open the balcony and look down! Then I'm going to start checking for cameras, seeing if I can peer around balconies....my neighbors will think I'm nuts!!

Make sure when you look down someone is holding on to you (whom you trust <g>)

I think that's the exact reason the Captain decided to go ahead & clean the awning after it was cleared to do so.

What I find interesting is that, this is apparently their first post on that board, but seemed to address questions that were emailed to them?

"Hi Robert, I am sorry I have not had time to find the answers to the questions you emailed me. I was just catching up on your forum and wanted to make a few comments about some fuzzy details I remember early on this case."

Sounds like a reporter or something, but they don't have all the facts right either....

If you go back to the Roll Call board for this cruise, there were alot of posters who (after the incident) stopped posting all together. Several reporters (Sacrborough Country, MSNBC, A Current Affair, etc..)had also found that thread and were trying to get some of the CC'ers to respond. The last posts were request for private e-mails to correspond privately about "something important". One of the posters was "BarbaraM" deck seven directly below the smiths cabin. And then nothing again. Wonder if they are surfacing on "other boards"? Wonder what they knew??

What would have happened if it started to rain sometime between the time George allegedly went over the side and the ship docked in Turkey -

Sure would have spoiled the evidence then and poor JHS would have no one to blame but the almighty hisself

Archived