Tampa-Indian Rocks Beach, "Gulf Towers"

balconyview

Hi, we're sailing from Tampa at the end of January, coming down from New England early, and would like to stay at a beach hotel beforehand. In my internet search I found "Gulf Towers",in Indian Rocks, for 88 bucks. Has anyone heard of this? We're not looking for anything fancy, just clean and safe. Would we be crazy to just look for a hotel when we get there? (We're renting a car) Is the end of Jan a busy time? Thanks for any help!:)

Hi, we're sailing from Tampa at the end of January, coming down from New England early, and would like to stay at a beach hotel beforehand. In my internet search I found "Gulf Towers",in Indian Rocks, for 88 bucks. Has anyone heard of this? We're not looking for anything fancy, just clean and safe. Would we be crazy to just look for a hotel when we get there? (We're renting a car) Is the end of Jan a busy time? Thanks for any help!:)

Sounds like a great price to me and especially good if this place on the water! Indian Rocks Beach is fine. You will defintely need a car. You will be close to Clearwater Beach. Some great resturants all along the beach!

If you are cruising on Sunday you will be about 45 min from the port.

Happy cruising and enjoy our breaches!

Susan

Youmay have just as good louck getting a room when you get there. I always pick up a booklet at the welcome center with the coupons in it. W/o reservations, if you see a place you would like to stey at for a while, then you are not tied in. We went once w/o reservations and had no problems.

Archived