What cell phone companies cover the Royal Princess?

Winga7212

You will also need to make sure that you have call roaming turned off too. If not, you will connect to the ships cellular connection. It's best to turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi (and Bluetooth if you have a Fitbit, or other tracker device) and then enable wifi calling. That way you should avoid any unsuspecting cell charges.

When onboard, I usually make sure that I've eneabled call forwarding on my cell phone so that any calls to the cell phone ring at home. If a voicemail is left, a text is sent to my cell. Incoming texts on t-mobile are free, even if they come through the ship's cellular connection, so I know that someone has called, so I can connect to wifi on the ship and review the voicemail and call back via wifi if a response is needed.

The other good thing about T-Mobile is that a lot of the countries I visit have free international data and texting if you have the right post paid plan

Appreciate the hints.

Just for a data point, we have AT&T and typically keep our phones off on the ship. We had them on a lot in Alaska since we had regular service. I forgot to turn it off between Juneau and Skagway. I got hit for $7 and change for 1KB of data. Not complaining, my fault. Just providing so people know the cost of data.

Cell costs at sea are quite expensive, and even though AT&T offers Caribbean packages for vacationers it doesn't cover the ship. What I did was used my computer and connected to wifi and did skype calls. That worked for what I needed.

Well, when we were on the Grand it indeed covered usage on the Ship. Well I remember paying a flat fee and was able to use my ATT on the Grand last October. We did not go over our data but I can see how you might. Anyway, Here are the choices we had. I do see there is no Regal/Royal right now though as an option. ? hmm

International talk, text & data

We've got you covered while you're onboard

Princess Cruises, Grand Princess

AT&T Cruise Talk, Text & DataSM

From

$50.00

one-time charge

How's this for awesome?

• Stay in touch at sea & while docked in Canada, Mexico & select Caribbean islands.
  • Enjoy talk, text & data options. Don't forget to add this option to each device going with you.
  • No need to cancel anything-ends 30 days from start date.

Tell me more

Pro tip:

Exploring on land? Check out our other international options & stay connected while you’re off the ship.

Check out all the places you can go

Cruise Talk & Text

Talk: 50 minutes, then $2/min.

Text: Unlimited

$50.00

one-time charge

Cruise Talk,Text & Data

Talk: Unlimited

Text: Unlimited

Use data: 200MB, then $2/MB

$100.00

one-time charge