belize snorkeling

tracysue

:) caye caulker seems to be the majority voting for best snorkeling? We have 4 adults - 3 teems going in feb. Would love to know what else to do on island. Is it just relaxing and snorkeling all day? or is there other activities - ie: kayaking? we want to stay active - relax and keep teens occupied. Thanks for any help!!!!!!:confused:

also, is there a "best place" on caye to snorkel? :)

also, (sorry) - water taxis seem to be the way to go?

We actually snorkeled out a bit from a boat, did shark ray alley and the barrier reef, but did with coral Breeze and not on our own. I have read that you can go to Caye Caulker and there are some people there who can take you out to snorkel around the reef. As for snorkeling in Caye Caulker itself, I think I've read that the split area is the best place for this and swimming. There is a restaurant there, they should be able to hook you up with someone to go out on a boat if you want more.

And yes, Caye Caulker is relaxing and snorkeling all day. You can also get a golf cart for very little and get around, interesting to drive around and see this tiny gem. Just be careful of the water taxi times and give yourself plenty of time to get back.

We did a private charter (8 of us) with Sea Sports Belize. It was the best day of our cruise. It was my first time snorkeling and Ernesto walked me through it every step of the way and even pulled me around on a life ring. Trop. Storm Gamma was coming in so they were also very concerned about finding the calmest site on the reef for us. He even dove down into the reef and found some spiny starfish for us to hold. I believe their website is www.seasportsbelize.com Linda's email is info@seasportsbelize.com

Archived