Barcelona Fine Dining

I cannot recommend Arròs i Peix enough! Hubby and I had 2 days in Barcelona after our cruise in June. I'll admit, it's a bit on the pricier side but the food was fantastic and the experience was great!

When you walk in, you're not seated right away. Instead you are brought to a counter with all the fresh catches of the day and choose what, exactly, you would like while sipping on a glass of cava. Hubby and I chose 3 crayfish and 3 shrimp as an appetizer and then a seafood paella with lobster for dinner. They put the fish we chose into a bin and brought them back to the kitchen where they were cooked for us. The food was absolutely delicious!

If you're looking for good food on the go that's a bit cheaper (maybe for lunch on your birthday), La Fabrica was delicious! It's what passes for "fast food" in Barcelona. They have pre-made empanadas with all kinds of fillings. Hubby and I each bought 2 and ate them while walking around the city.

Even just going to the open air market and eating there is a wonderful experience. I'm not sure on hours in the evening there or what days you'll be in Barcelona, so that may not be helpful. But in my experience, eating on La Rambla has good food, but the prices are a bit higher and you'll find much less crowded places with much more interesting food if you explore away from there a bit.

Have fun! We absolutely adored Barcelona!

Here's where we went on my Birthday when we were in Barcelona.

It's a private residence where the chef cooks for a small number of people. Reservations absolutely required.

This is a fixed price , set menu. One seating time. We spent over 2 ½ hours there for dinner and loved the reveal and explanation of every dish that was brought out. cash only. So bring Euros. We'd do this again in a heartbeat next time we're in Barcelona.

https://www.tast-ller.com