Distillery tour, early excursion, and tendering

jolinda

Hi, first time cruiser here. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas in December, which is scheduled to be in Grand Cayman from 7 am to 3 pm. Some members of our group want to tour the rum distillery. They could book a tour directly with the distillery, or sign up for an excursion that includes a distillery tour. There is no excursion from Royal Caribbean that visits it, but I found one from Amvivo that starts at 9 am. Would they be able to make that? A cruise compass from Freedom of the Seas on the same itinerary last year mentions "early bird tenders" from 7:15-8:30am, can we count on being able to take one of those? And does anyone have an opinion on going to the distillery on your own vs. taking a distillery + brewery + 7 mile beach excursion?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, first time cruiser here. We will be on the Adventure of the Seas in December, which is scheduled to be in Grand Cayman from 7 am to 3 pm. Some members of our group want to tour the rum distillery. They could book a tour directly with the distillery, or sign up for an excursion that includes a distillery tour. There is no excursion from Royal Caribbean that visits it, but I found one from Amvivo that starts at 9 am. Would they be able to make that? A cruise compass from Freedom of the Seas on the same itinerary last year mentions "early bird tenders" from 7:15-8:30am, can we count on being able to take one of those? And does anyone have an opinion on going to the distillery on your own vs. taking a distillery + brewery + 7 mile beach excursion?

Did you ever find an answer to your last question?

I didn't get an answer to my last question, but enough people were skeptical of us getting off the boat in time for the excursion that I decided not to book one and to book a tour directly with the distillery instead (they have one at 11 am). If it wasn't a tender port I would have no qualms booking a third party excursion, but there are just too many unknowns. Especially for my first ever port stop on my first ever cruise! I don't need the stress of worrying about it.