Couple Questions - Last Minute Bookings, Booking Age, Table for 2...

Hi... first time poster..

I cruised on Voyager with family and loved it, and I'm looking to take my girlfriend on the June 2 Explorer cruise (9 days out of Bayonne). Couple questions:

- Do prices go down for cabins as you near the cruise date? I see all these last minute deal sites and 90 day cruise ticker deals and whatnot. If they do, how much do you cruise pro's typically see the prices go down? Five, ten percent... more?

- What's the chance of getting a table for 2 if you wait until 6-8 weeks before the cruise to book it? Does slipping the maitre'd a Ben Franklin up your chances of getting your own table? Haha. :)

And finally, how old do you have to be to book a room on a RCCL cruise?

Thanks for the help! :)

I will try to answer some of your questions.

1. Sometimes the prices will go down. It all depends on how full the ship is. If they need to fill it up, the prices will probably go down. You can book now and then get a refund for the difference if the price goes down. Double check this with your TA, though, as some do not honor this.

2. Table for 2. I bet the changes are not as good, the longer you wait. Don't really know though.

3. Here is the info from RCI regarding age:

Cruise Documentation What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or under-aged married couples (proof of marriage is required).

Hope you go and have a great cruise!

the main issue with 2 top tables, is that alot of diamond members get priority seating in the dining rooms and they take alot of them...

If you do not get one.. first just go to the maiter d and ask him if one is available, if he says no, then try the ben franklin close..

Archived