Tropical Jungle Tour in PV

melika091900

Has anyone done this tour??? we were thinking about it in PV.....

any input id appreciate

thanks

We did it as a tour off the Ryndam two years ago.

It was not much of a tropical environment. We were driven around in the back of a Unimog Truck, sitting on hard benches in the truch bed, facing each other, bouncing the whole time on rough dusty roads.

The "tropical Forest" was a chaparral type tree covered area, and all we saw were a couple of palm trees and a few bugs.

It was a long drive to get there and nothing to see when we got there.

It was so boring coming back our guide, a young girl, brought out the cheap tequilla for some shots, and we played word games.....:mad:

Make sure you're talking about the same Jungle Tour - the one JLC is talking about is actually called the "Sierra Madre Jeep Safari" and it's run by Vallarta Adventures. I did this tour myself about 8 years ago and had a very good time. Yes, there were shots on the way back, but that made the otherwise shy group I was with a lot more fun! We had a very good time. The "Jungle Walk" wasn't terribly exciting, and they take you to Nuevo Vallarta where the term "Jungle" is loosely used. Our guide made it a lot of fun, though, telling us about the deadly coral snakes that could kill us at any moment. Then we went over to the beach and had a barbecue of what they insisted was iguana and donkey. Nice time, I thought.

There are also several other "Jungle Tours", most notably the "Paradise Escape Tour" that takes you to the South side of Puerto Vallarta where there really is jungle, to Chino's Paradise, Chico's Paradise, and El Eden, where the Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie, "Predator" was filmed. This is a nice tour for the price.

Read the description of the tour and make sure it jives with the descriptions you've read here and also with the description on the Vallarta Adventures Website before deciding to cast it off.

Make sure you're talking about the same Jungle Tour - the one JLC is talking about is actually called the "Sierra Madre Jeep Safari" and it's run by Vallarta Adventures. I did this tour myself about 8 years ago and had a very good time. Yes, there were shots on the way back, but that made the otherwise shy group I was with a lot more fun! We had a very good time. The "Jungle Walk" wasn't terribly exciting, and they take you to Nuevo Vallarta where the term "Jungle" is loosely used. Our guide made it a lot of fun, though, telling us about the deadly coral snakes that could kill us at any moment. Then we went over to the beach and had a barbecue of what they insisted was iguana and donkey. Nice time, I thought.

There are also several other "Jungle Tours", most notably the "Paradise Escape Tour" that takes you to the South side of Puerto Vallarta where there really is jungle, to Chino's Paradise, Chico's Paradise, and El Eden, where the Arnold Schwarzenegger Movie, "Predator" was filmed. This is a nice tour for the price.

Read the description of the tour and make sure it jives with the descriptions you've read here and also with the description on the Vallarta Adventures Website before deciding to cast it off.

thanks for the info..... i think we want to do the one where predator was filmed,, it doesnt say in the shore excursion description which one it is....

hmmm maybe i have to call them and find out ....

no use calling on sat they always tell me to call back on monday

thanks again

thanks for the info..... i think we want to do the one where predator was filmed,, it doesnt say in the shore excursion description which one it is....

hmmm maybe i have to call them and find out ....

no use calling on sat they always tell me to call back on monday

thanks again

We did the one where Predator was filmed when we sailed on Carnival Pride in 04. It was great, and there was a beautiful outdoor restaurant with a natural pool that the kids went in after they ate fresh seafood. Not sure if that exact restaurant is included in all the tours, but it was a great experience. After the nature walk, we relaxed at the restaurant with fresh grilled seafood, corona and music.

We did the one where Predator was filmed when we sailed on Carnival Pride in 04. It was great, and there was a beautiful outdoor restaurant with a natural pool that the kids went in after they ate fresh seafood. Not sure if that exact restaurant is included in all the tours, but it was a great experience. After the nature walk, we relaxed at the restaurant with fresh grilled seafood, corona and music.

hi thanks for the reply

i was wondering how was the walk>??? was it mountainous .. or easy ..???

I was wondering since i have problems walking up hills ....

thanks for any info

Archived