Acquarius Sea Tours - Did anyone had to sign and fax 50% Cancellation Fee form?

leekh

I need some assistance or confirmation. I am in the process of booking the Stingray Tour with Acquarius Sea Tours when we arrive in Cayman Island on our Carnival cruise. They asked me to sign and fax them back a form for 50% cancellation fee. If Carnival doesn't detour or not go there, we have every intention on going on the tour. However I was wondering if anyone sign and fax them back this form? It just sounds unusual.

From their website:

No charge will be levied in the event that:

• The local Marine Policy closes Stingray City Sandbar to visitors
  • Acquarius Sea Tours deems the conditions too unsafe for our guests
  • Your Cruise Ship does not dock/docks too late for your tour to take place
  • Regular Daily Tours - if you inform us via e-mail of your reservation cancellation at least 48 hours in advance of the reservation date
  • Some reservations require a faxed Cancellation Fee Form - if you inform us via e-mail of your reservation cancellation at least 15 days in advance of the reservation date
  • Chartered/Private Tours - if you inform us via e-mail of your reservation cancellation at least 15 days in advance of the reservation date

If you do not attend (outside of the above conditions), you will be charged the full amount.

Historically, we have tried to avoid going this route, but unfortunately, it has not always been respected.

I understand what their website says. I just want to make sure those who already went with Acquarius also did the same which is fax them this form. Just need to know others had to do the same.