European cruises?

jonj

We are thinking of taking an European cruise in the summer of 2007

I have never really priced them, but expect them to be high. Any tips on where, when, how to book one of these?

Should you book the day they become available to, would that give us the best price?

Pricing is a fluid process. They can start high then drop, start low then go up, or they can start high and go even higher. If the price goes down, your travel agent can get you the lower price up until time for final payment. After that, I believe it has to go down by 10% or more for HAL to allow the lower price.

You should shop around for pricing. Check online so you know what's out there before you contact your local TA (if you have one.) If you see what you want, I'd suggest booking as soon as you can.

Good luck!

Whatever you do, book it in the US! Our local (Portuguese) TA gave us a quote that was higher than the brochure price by a few hundred, but it was in Euros, not dollars!!

Our final US online price was about 50% lower by the time we worked out the arithmatic.

Lane

Archived