FLL Renaissance Marriott

CruisinFinsUp

Hi all,

been lurking for a while now - thanks for all the GREAT info !!!

Question - Princess has offered me a GREAT precruise price on the renaissance - does it have breakfast buffet? What kind of rooms do you get via princess booking (rep didn't know), and are the transfers included or does princess charge more for the transfers on top of the hotel rate?

Thanks!!

Well first of all there are 2 FLL Renaissance hotels that Princess offers. There's one in Plantation that's cheaper, but the one you would want is the one on SE 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Both of those Renaissance Hotels are only a few years old, but the one on SE 17th Street is in a far better location with dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores as well as the very popular Water Taxi all within safe, easy walking distance.

The one in Plantation is alongside a freeway in an office park and has nothing to walk to at all. It's fine if you have a rental car, but if you won't then I wouldn't choose that one.

I believe if you book the Princess package then transportation is included, but if you book the one on SE 17th Street it's less than 10 minutes from FLL and just across the street from the regular Princess terminal. I wouldn't waste my time with the uncomfortable bus and just grab a taxi.

The standard rooms at the Renaissance's are all the same. They have restaurants, but that's generally on your dime. Do double check the prices and make sure what may sound like a good rate isn't per person! You can generally do better on your own than purchasing a package.

Archived