PRE-BARCELONA CRUISE-- flight to Madrid

JULIE7

Im thinking of booking a cruise departing from Barcelona, and flying a few days earlier into Madrid, Has anyone done this and then gone to Barcelona by train? Please share your experience! How long is this ride?

If you've not been to Barcelona, my suggestion is forget Madrid...Go directly to Barcelona and spend a few days there prior to the cruise. My husband and I cruised from Barcelona several years ago and arrived only the night before - big mistake. The next time we spent a couple of days prior and a couple of days after the cruise. The architecture (Gaudy cathedral, many buildings), the people, and the overall feel of Barcelona is wonderful. La Rambla, a main thoroughfare goes from the harbor into town is filed with vendors, street performers, tapas bars - a lively and entertaining place. We bought daily tickets for a tour bus - you can get on and off all around town. It goes through the city and stops at many interesting places. We can't wait to get back to Barcelona on one of our cruisesin the futue.

If you've not been to Barcelona, my suggestion is forget Madrid...Go directly to Barcelona and spend a few days there prior to the cruise. My husband and I cruised from Barcelona several years ago and arrived only the night before - big mistake. The next time we spent a couple of days prior and a couple of days after the cruise. The architecture (Gaudy cathedral, many buildings), the people, and the overall feel of Barcelona is wonderful. La Rambla, a main thoroughfare goes from the harbor into town is filed with vendors, street performers, tapas bars - a lively and entertaining place. We bought daily tickets for a tour bus - you can get on and off all around town. It goes through the city and stops at many interesting places. We can't wait to get back to Barcelona on one of our cruisesin the futue.

I agree with above (both of them). :)

We have been there twice. The first time spent 3 days in Barcelona and the second time two days. I love Barcelona, there is so much to see. Only thing you really have to watch are Pickpockets. They are everywhere. Not a lot of serious crime, but watch you purse and wallet. We took the ones that fit under clothes and then just carried very little in our pockets or purse. But I would go again in a heartbeat.

Archived