Anyone with Spirit knowledge?

Hi there!

Took our first Celebration cruise last year, having previously been with RCI and Azamara. Really enjoyed it, a back to back out of our home port of Malaga, so convenient!

We're on Spirit, again out of Malaga, for a week from 07th Oct 18, great Cruise Only price - last year they wouldn't give us anything off for not using 4 flights!

I understand the difference in the chartering of these two sister ships by Thomson/Marella but have a couple of questions for knowledgeable Spirit cruisers.

Read on here that the draught beer is 'Mythos' a Greek beer, part of the Carlsberg group - is this correct and is it the only draught available on board?

Also, are there 'fridges in all cabins? We are quite happy with a basic inside cabin, as we have 180 degree views of the Med. every day!

Finally, could not see a DIY laundry room on the deck plans, we had a couple on Celebration, am I missing something, got to keep the wife occupied! (Not serious, honestly!)

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi there!

Took our first Celebration cruise last year, having previously been with RCI and Azamara. Really enjoyed it, a back to back out of our home port of Malaga, so convenient!

We're on Spirit, again out of Malaga, for a week from 07th Oct 18, great Cruise Only price - last year they wouldn't give us anything off for not using 4 flights!

I understand the difference in the chartering of these two sister ships by Thomson/Marella but have a couple of questions for knowledgeable Spirit cruisers.

Read on here that the draught beer is 'Mythos' a Greek beer, part of the Carlsberg group - is this correct and is it the only draught available on board?

Also, are there 'fridges in all cabins? We are quite happy with a basic inside cabin, as we have 180 degree views of the Med. every day!

Finally, could not see a DIY laundry room on the deck plans, we had a couple on Celebration, am I missing something, got to keep the wife occupied! (Not serious, honestly!)

Thanks in anticipation.

We too are on Spirit again from our home port of Malaga but not until its final sailing on 21st October - we also got an amazing 'cruise only' price. so sorry this is the last season Marella are sailing from Malaga..

From what I have been told recently the current draught beer is San Miguel.

No fridges in basic inside cabins but, having said that, we are having one again as we coped fine without one last time - our cabin steward used to give us ample ice to keep water cool overnight.

Yes, there are laundry rooms - think it is 3 Pounds for the machines per wash but free to just wash and iron.

Hi there!

Thanks in anticipation.

Draught lager is san miguel.

No fridges in lower grade cabins.

Laundry rooms easily available.

Simples.

Hi there!

Thanks in anticipation.

The spirit drinks package is not the same as the one on the celebration as the spirit is run by celystal not apollo like the rest of the fleet

It still has the cinema and sports deck, no coffee port onboard

Thank you so much, campolady and okavango, for your prompt and informative replies.

Just shows me what cruisecritic is all about, people willing to share their personal cruise knowledge and experience.