Bus to Crane's Beach?

BackPorchSundays

I heard Crane Beach was beautiful, and, correct me if Im wrong, 1/2 hour away from port? I also think that Crane Beach was on that show several years ago, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Can't wait to go, but have 70 days to go.

I would not rely on a bus to get you to and from Crane Beach from the cruise terminal. It's at least a 40-45 min. drive (by car), and buses don't have a set schedule. I would be concerned about getting back to the ship on time. Your best bet would be to hire a taxi driver at $20 (or so) US per hour and have him get you there and back.

Lois

We went by bus and had no problem. The bus station is right in the heart of town, about 5-6 blocks away from the "taxi stand". We were quoted $40 per person for a taxi/it was a couple bucks for the bus) When we got our bus tokens the girl was very nice and helpful about which bus to take and the times. When we were done on the beach we went back to the main road and caught the next bus back to town. It is about a 30 min ride depending on how many stops it makes along the way. We got to see and visit with the locals. :)

It is a beautiful beach with large waves!

Crane Beach was named one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world on Lifestyles. Depending on the tide being in or out, it's easy or difficult to get to ghe northern section of the beach from the resort. If the tide is in, you have to go through a passageway in the rocks. Not impossible, just a little scary, but once you're there ......... HEAVEN. Waves can be too rough for swimming. We were lucky last year. Waves weren't so bad and we spent about an hour playing and riding the waves.

Probably 30 minutes at the most to get there, more if you are driving and not sure where you're going. Locals have been very helpful with directions in the past.

I LOVE BARBADOS!!

info that I had read from a previous post: (credit to "barbados")

bus to crane's beach:

It's the Route 12A out of the Fairchild Street Station.

It runs every 1/2 hour from 5:30AM to Midnight. Cost is US$.75.

After you get off the ship and finally exit the Gatehouse, keep walking past Pelican Villiage on Princess Alice Hwy. Continue past the Parliament Buildings then turn right on Bridge Street to the Fairchild Bus Station on the corner of Bridge & Fairchild. About one mile.

You could also take the shuttle there for a buck if you don't choose to walk.

The return trip will pick you up at Crane and return you to The Fairchild St. Terminal.

Archived