Mexican Riviera w/ 18-27 year old kids: Princess or RCCL?

redhead1

My husband and I are contemplating a trip within the next year and a half or so that would involve our 4 kids and our son-in-law. A large reason for this trip would be to celebrate our youngest going off to college in August (only 7 months and 14 days!), leaving our nest empty. We'll probably include a wedding vow renewal in this trip.

With multiple college and work schedules to juggle, with last year's hurricane season being what it was, with the cost of Christmas vacations (especially when your are talking about at least 7 people), and with 18 to 28 year olds wanting to be able to do their own thing but still meet up for dinner and conversation, I was thinking a Pacific Coast (ie, Mexican Riviera) Cruise next Thanksgiving seemed like the best solution.

As most of you know, there are several lines that offer a Mexican Riviera cruise, but I *think* (you may prove me wrong!) that I have narrowed it down to either the Diamond Princess or the RCL's Vision of the Seas. My husband and I have been on cruises with both lines, and we loved them both, but the Princess cruise, being 17 days in October, was not a good indicator of how appropriate the line typically is for young adults (18, 21, 25, 28, and 30).

I am leaning a bit toward the Diamond Princess, mostly because I would like a balcony cabin for us parents, and RCL seems to not have them available for this sailing.

Any suggestions? Words of wisdom? Tactics designed to help my husband see the inerrable wisdom of my reasoning here?;)

Thank you in advance for any help!

The Diamond has it all over the Vision. I've been on both and it's no contest. Your kids will appreciate the number and variety of entertainment venues on the Diamond. Skywalker's Disco is a great late night spot for young adults. Book it Dano.

Archived