1st Cruise, attire question.

dcruisedog

Hopefully others read this that Celebrity will on occasion more often than not turn you away for not following their suggested dress code. Maybe we can get that 10% "do it my way" crowd down to 5%. For others to say here it's okay to do it like you want is wrong information and we need to stand up for what is right so these newcomers will know what to do. After all isn't that a main purpose of us spending our time here? To get information useful in helping us have a better cruise experience. Telling someone to go ahead to show up in jeans and pressed pocket T-shirt on formal night and then they do it only to get sent away would dampin their cruise.

Do you think we've frightened off the OP yet?

I think the poor fellow has the message. If he's left the boards I just hope he hasn't left behind his desire for a cruise. Cruises are too much fun and first-timers who read this stuff will sail and then wonder what all this fuss was about! It always amazes me how much attention the attire threads draw. And here I am, submitting to it again!

CC is a specific group. CCers love to cruise usually and enjoy shipboard life, including the attire requests. Most of us dress up for dinner, as requested, because we enjoy it, not because we are concerned about what others think.

To accurately answer questions about attire, however, we must be honest. There are always, on any cruise, at least a few people who do not follow the dress code to a "t." They are not thrown overboard - that's a fact.

I wouldn't want someone to skip a wonderful cruise or purchase a jacket (especially formal clothes for kids/teens) when they could put their hard-earned money towards a great shore excursion or participate in one of the many other great things offered on a cruise.

My favorite line from the movie Good Morning, Vietnam. "It's only radio!"

J

I just a review of the OP's cruise, he did wear a jacket, ( I don;t think it was ever his intent not too). He reviewed the cruise and the attire of people on the ship. It seems from his review that Celebrity cruisers are not as uppity and everyone thinks. He stated people were dressed in all different attires and no one was turned away from the dining room. I'll give a review of the ship and attire next week when I return.

Archived