Alcohol purchases in WC ports?

jmeincke

Carnival's web site says that any alcohol purchased in port will be held by the ship until the home port is reached. This is fine by me if I can find some really good deals while in port.

If anyone knows of great alcohol deals in Belize, Maya, GC or Cozumel can you share them with me?

You will find good deals in all these ports for particular types of liquor. Grand Cayman for example is the "RUM" port, obviously Mexico is "TEQUILA". You may have to pay duty if you bring more than the allowance, but I hear they sometimes just let it go when you go thru customs. We found a Duty Free store in Roatan, if you happen to be docking there, and the prices were cheaper than the ship and they had things we couldn't find on the ship.

When we came back onto the ship in Roatan there was no one staffing the table where you were to hand over you liquor purchases, so we just walked to the elevators. Even if they are busy taking liquor from people in front of you no one seems to pay that much attention if you just walk by. We bought pints of liquor in port and my DH put them in the pocket of his shorts for our drinks on board!:cool:

We never have had any issues bringing 'adult beverages' back on board. If anyone would have stopped us, that's fine, I'll turn it over. But since no one did, wasn't going to volunteer it either.

Before any of the stockholders jump down on anyone....Most of us have plenty of a large enough S&S bill even with having our own stuff along!! Not gonna run back to the cabin each time I want a drink, interrupt dinner, leave the piano bar etc!!

And, we found that the store on the ship had really good pricing as well!! Buy early though so they don't run out of your favorite!! (They will hold those purchases until the end of the cruise though! ;) )

I just got home from the Paradise 3 day cruise to Ensenada. When we were getting back on the ship we came through security outside the ship. They xrayed our packages and we went through the metal detector. Once we got in the ship we had to do the same thing and this is where they took our alcohol. It was delivered the last evening of our cruise by our room steward.

Shannon

When we were on the Glory in Oct, they matched any advertised prices for alcohol in the ports. We just showed them the printed advertisment from the store in the port and the ship matched the price. It was convenient because the ship also packed up the bottles to take home and we didn't have to drag it though town. Just know your prices ahead of time and what the ship has available. We also bought some alcohol in the port and walked right to our room without a problem.

Archived