So many mixed Ncl and Dawn reviews

deshler

We are sailing on the Dawn next month,and have sailed on the crown to bermuda and it was fine.I have read so many mixed reviews,From bad food,bad service Ncl Doesnt handle problems as well as other cruise lines There is even a cruise site that wont reccomend Ncl Galaxsea.com We have been on Cunard,rccl and have enjoyed them very much.I was just wondering if other experienced cruisers understand where all the negative comes from Thanks

Deshler: The Dawn is an absolutely beautiful ship, the staterooms are comfortable and well organizedm no matter what category you choose (you'll love the way they have the bathrooms situated!), the public space is wonderful, and the crew is among the best you'll find!! With so many different dining venues, you'll be hard pressed to NOT find what you feel like eating! Salsa's is wonderful, no charge, as is La Trattoria! And be sure to try the chocolate fondue in LeBistro -- to die for! You can make your dinner reservations for your entire cruise when you board, which I would highly recommend -- you can always cancel (and make sure you do) if you decide to do something else! Stop up at the Bimini Bar for a drink and the beautiful view! And if you're hungry late at night be sure to visit the Blue Lagoon!

Be sure to visit the spa area for a relaxing soak in the hot tubs or a swim in the indoor pool. And don't forget that forward hot tub that people don't find for several days!

I think you need to be objective in what you read -- a few negative reviews versus MANY positive reviews -- and go with the flow!

When are you sailing? For sure, sign up for your roll call (I'm sure there is one) and get to know your fellow CC'ers! And do take the time to read the several reviews and threads on this ship, as there is a wealth of information out there!

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Deshler: The Dawn is an absolutely beautiful ship, the staterooms are comfortable and well organizedm no matter what category you choose (you'll love the way they have the bathrooms situated!), the public space is wonderful, and the crew is among the best you'll find!! With so many different dining venues, you'll be hard pressed to NOT find what you feel like eating! Salsa's is wonderful, no charge, as is La Trattoria! And be sure to try the chocolate fondue in LeBistro -- to die for! You can make your dinner reservations for your entire cruise when you board, which I would highly recommend -- you can always cancel (and make sure you do) if you decide to do something else! Stop up at the Bimini Bar for a drink and the beautiful view! And if you're hungry late at night be sure to visit the Blue Lagoon!

Be sure to visit the spa area for a relaxing soak in the hot tubs or a swim in the indoor pool. And don't forget that forward hot tub that people don't find for several days!

I think you need to be objective in what you read -- a few negative reviews versus MANY positive reviews -- and go with the flow!

When are you sailing? For sure, sign up for your roll call (I'm sure there is one) and get to know your fellow CC'ers! And do take the time to read the several reviews and threads on this ship, as there is a wealth of information out there!

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks for your input We sail 2/12 We are very open mimded,i guess i have never read so many negatives on a cruise as this one Im sure it will be fine thanks again

Hi! Our family of 5 just sailed the Dawn on 12/11. We have been on other cruise lines as well, but we went with open minds and tried not to compare. We found our cruise on the Dawn was one of our favorites! The ship is beautiful and the staff was fantastic, with the exception of the shore excursion desk and reception desk. We found we got friendlier answers to our questions from asking anyone but the above.(They also appeared to know more about the ship and loved to take the time to talk with you, just our opinion.)Freestyle worked really well with our family and although we did not "love" every meal, we did eat alot of wonderful food.

We will sail with NCL again and were very satisfied. The above mentioned the bathrooms and I must agree. The nicest layout we've ever seen, and the showers were great. Janice

Deshler, be sure to visit the roll call for your cruise -- you've got a GREAT group going, including the illustrious SHOREGUY!! You're in for a wonderful cruise! What category stateroom did you end up with? On our last cruise we booked a BE GTY, were upgraded to a BA, and got an upsell to an AC -- the most spoiled we have ever been on a cruise, and it will be hard to go back!!

Here's a link to the roll call for your cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Have a great time!

If you liked the Crown, the Dawn will blow your mind. She's an amazing lady.

Sometimes, online sites serve their own interests by selling or not selling certain lines. A v ery prominent online agency is not allowed to sell NCL because NCL put a stopsell on them, yet they announce proudly that they just won't sell NCL now... hogwash.

The Dawn is a great ship. Have a wonderful time!

VegasGreen took the words right out of my mouth! :)

I checked out the website referenced in the OP, and knew immediately that I was smelling sour grapes. :rolleyes:

So sad how some companies feel the need to be such back-biters. Ultimately, it will probably be their loss, though! ;)

Good Evening everyone... I just wanted to thank you for your opinions... My family is also going on the Dawn for the first time on 2/12 and we can't wait... although we loved our trip on Rhapsody of the seas last April we are waiting to experience the Dawn because we believe it will be a totally different lifestyle... Heck.. we like most of you just love to cruise and the ability not to have to fly to go on a cruise is awesome.. being so close to home.. well.. i hope you all have a wonderful evening.. and will talk soon..

Cheryl

I was just wondering if other experienced cruisers understand where all the negative comes from Thanks

After my wonderful cruise and only a few months on these boards, I think that the "negative" is generated by NCL corporate. Corporate policies lack in communication, promptness, and efficiency. NCL corporate differs so much from the awesome ships' crews.

I would imagine that those who have been able to simply book and cruise with no worries are unbelievably delighted. Those who have had to request assitance from NCL customer service/corporate have many times found less than desirable service - in many ways.

And - bringing to our attention a difficulty with NCL coupled with frustration does not necessarily represent an immediate "negative". Facts are facts.

Of the cruise lines I have sailed, I have only sailed on one twice and am booked for a 3rd cruise. That is NCL. We were on the Dawn 2 years ago and loved it more then any other cruise or ship we sailed. Enjoyed it so much we booked the same cruise, the same week and same cabin for this past year. And again, loved it. Now we are booked on the Spirit for July. We LOVE Freestyle and we are really going to have to think long and hard about cruising another line that offers only traditional seating, as we just don't like that. The only other line that offers anything like Freestyle is Princess. We may consider them one day. As far as the company the OP mentions, keep in mind that I recently found out the NCL pays some of the lowest commissions in the industry. Could be the reason for the sour grapes.

After my wonderful cruise and only a few months on these boards, I think that the "negative" is generated by NCL corporate. Corporate policies lack in communication, promptness, and efficiency. NCL corporate differs so much from the awesome ships' crews.

I would imagine that those who have been able to simply book and cruise with no worries are unbelievably delighted. Those who have had to request assitance from NCL customer service/corporate have many times found less than desirable service - in many ways.

And - bringing to our attention a difficulty with NCL coupled with frustration does not necessarily represent an immediate "negative". Facts are facts.

Thank-you.

Of the cruise lines I have sailed, I have only sailed on one twice and am booked for a 3rd cruise. That is NCL. We were on the Dawn 2 years ago and loved it more then any other cruise or ship we sailed. Enjoyed it so much we booked the same cruise, the same week and same cabin for this past year. And again, loved it. Now we are booked on the Spirit for July. We LOVE Freestyle and we are really going to have to think long and hard about cruising another line that offers only traditional seating, as we just don't like that. The only other line that offers anything like Freestyle is Princess. We may consider them one day. As far as the company the OP mentions, keep in mind that I recently found out the NCL pays some of the lowest commissions in the industry. Could be the reason for the sour grapes.

This isn't necessarily true. It depends on the relationship between the cruiseline and the agent. I know some agents that do very well with NCL and not as well with other lines.

Kelly

We are sailing on the Dawn next month,and have sailed on the crown to bermuda and it was fine.I have read so many mixed reviews,From bad food,bad service Ncl Doesnt handle problems as well as other cruise lines There is even a cruise site that wont reccomend Ncl Galaxsea.com We have been on Cunard,rccl and have enjoyed them very much.I was just wondering if other experienced cruisers understand where all the negative comes from Thanks

We were on the Celebrity Zenith in 2002 and NCL Dawn in 2005 and the Dawn wins hands down. We had a great time, enjoyed good food and excellent service. Just for the record, the Guest Services Manager on the Zenith made me cry with her "too bad, that's how we do it" answer to one of my complaints.

Deshler,

Our last two cruises have been on the Dawn. We have never booked any other ship or line more than once until we cruised on the Dawn. We also like the convenience of going out of NY. The crew was great and I can't recall any problems. Service was great and the food was very good. Freestyle is great if you don't want to be tied down to a specific dinner time and want to try different things. We have always enjoyed traditional seating also and made some very good friends, but we also met a lot of nice friends through CC's on the Dawn. Definitely join in on your roll call as some of the other posters pointed out. I think you will enjoy the Dawn.

As for the reviews, some people are never happy and always want more. If you go with the attitude that you will enjoy yourself, I think you will. We have never had a bad cruise, and we had a few things happen when we were on the Mercury. Some of our luggage was lost for the first week and DH cut his foot the second week and had to have 12 stitches (no water for a week in the Caribbean.) We still had a ball.

Jackie:cool:

Archived