Sun - April 30 Cruise Help required

mokindah

Bob Oliver was our captain in late sept also.

We also must have had the same maitre D' who wasnt prepared to help ANYONE the first night who thought they had confirmed seating for their kids only to be told on the night they had to eat in the kids dining room. No further help was given and he was fairly rude to a lot of people.

Yep, that sounds like him! Our problem was that our confirmed dinner booking with my parents ended up with us on a table for 2 on our own and our parents on a table of 12 with a group of 10 travelling together. Fabio was more concerned about talking to his assistant about WHY it had happened, than doing anything to get us seated at a table together. Eventually we went from our requested first sitting dinner to the later of the second sittings. We weren't impressed, but there wasn't much we could do if we wanted to stay together.

Mmmm, staff don't sound anything like they should. Polite, helpful etc. Thankfully it sounds like only a few rude ones, but it's often enough to tarnish the rest of the staff. Just reading the stories makes you cringe and wonder about sailing with them. It's a shame. On the Sky we never came across any staff that were rude. They were all so helpful and friendly.

You'd think they'd be extr nice for the tips wouldn't you!

Moe,

I thought the bell was being rung earlier and earlier. never had a problem with him but I must confess our waiters were a bit hopeless.

P&O shore tours - I agree what was put in our pre paperwork was not even half what was offered on board. but then again we didn't book anything and as you said lots cheaper to do our own sightseeing. In Lugarnville we went to all the tourist spots in a van for $10 per person. for one tour to the blue hole people paid about $60 per person thru the ship.

As for serving alcolhol to minors - yes we had an incident of which my husband and I spent 2 hours down pursers with the head of food & beverage. My husband works in the game so the head tried to put one or several over us that Kim would not wear and quoted back to huim RSA rules and also the swiping of the cardsa thru the machines. Needless to say Kim is writing to P&O back here in regardsa to certain matters.

You are right about the under 3 yr olds not being catered for. A family on the next table to us had twin 2 year olds and had cruised before and not told about change of not looking after under 3's. yes they had a bit of a time also. luckily their other 2 were in the kids club.

narelle

Mmmm, staff don't sound anything like they should. Polite, helpful etc. Thankfully it sounds like only a few rude ones, but it's often enough to tarnish the rest of the staff. Just reading the stories makes you cringe and wonder about sailing with them. It's a shame. On the Sky we never came across any staff that were rude. They were all so helpful and friendly.

You'd think they'd be extr nice for the tips wouldn't you!

Of all the onboard crew I encountered on the two cruises, Fabio the Maitre 'd was only one of 2 staff that I found to be rude and unhelpful... The other was a one of the photoshop staff.

i too have to agree, that most of the staff on the Sun were helpful and polite, but it is unfortunate that the ones that werent, were the ones you remember. I too recall the photoshop person being a little unhappy/surly but i thought maybe a lack of englsh although he "looked" english.

we had problems with items charges to cruisecard that were not ours and I thought we were looked after quite well refunding the money to us.

Archived