Please Help...Best Western Port Canaveral / Cocoa Beach

smiles998

I've read many reviews about the Best Western that is close to Cocoa Beach. We are thinking about staying here (in the 5 story family suite building) for one night pre cruise late in September.

Does anyone out there know about their breakfast area? With 229 rooms that are included in the BW location, how crowded is the breakfast area on a Sunday morning?

Please advise... Good, bad and ugly:confused:

We've stayed at the Best Western before all 3 of our cruises and love it.

The rooms in the main part of the hotel are older but they were clean and comfortable. The breakfast area can get congested but it was never something that triggered my anxiety. You'll find a lot of other cruisers there that are also starting their vacations. I believe there was overflow seating across the hallway from the main breakfast area.

There is a coin laundry room that comes in handy if you want to make sure bathing suits are completely dry from Saturday's swim. The pools are both great. The restaurant on site wasn't very busy but the food was really good and reasonably priced for dinner.

I'll be going back. We loved the location. Directly across the street from a Publix Grocery store (got to stock up on sunscreen, snacks and 2 bottles of wine). The nail salon beside the grocery store was awesome as well (ran out of time before leaving home to get my pedicure). Not very far from Ron Jon's surf shop if you want to wander around. Not far from the port either if you want to have a drink at one of the bars & restaurants there and watch the ships leave on the Saturday cruises.

-Iris

We've stayed at the Best Western before all 3 of our cruises and love it.

The rooms in the main part of the hotel are older but they were clean and comfortable. The breakfast area can get congested but it was never something that triggered my anxiety. You'll find a lot of other cruisers there that are also starting their vacations. I believe there was overflow seating across the hallway from the main breakfast area.

There is a coin laundry room that comes in handy if you want to make sure bathing suits are completely dry from Saturday's swim. The pools are both great. The restaurant on site wasn't very busy but the food was really good and reasonably priced for dinner.

I'll be going back. We loved the location. Directly across the street from a Publix Grocery store (got to stock up on sunscreen, snacks and 2 bottles of wine). The nail salon beside the grocery store was awesome as well (ran out of time before leaving home to get my pedicure). Not very far from Ron Jon's surf shop if you want to wander around. Not far from the port either if you want to have a drink at one of the bars & restaurants there and watch the ships leave on the Saturday cruises.

-Iris

Thanks so much Kilmarlic... I had no idea that there was a restaurant on site at the BW... Do you remember what the name is? Also, I was worried about the pull out sofa bed in the family suite... has anyone in your group ever slept on one of them? They only have a king bed family suite available for our sail date, so I am the one who will be sleeping on it. (Not sure if that's good or bad). :confused:

Thanks again for your help :)

Thanks so much Kilmarlic... I had no idea that there was a restaurant on site at the BW... Do you remember what the name is? Also, I was worried about the pull out sofa bed in the family suite... has anyone in your group ever slept on one of them? They only have a king bed family suite available for our sail date, so I am the one who will be sleeping on it. (Not sure if that's good or bad). :confused:

Thanks again for your help :)

I don't remember the name of the restaurant there on site. My cousin did sleep on a pull out sofa 1 night while we were there. He didn't complain so it must have been average at least. I've always stayed in the older 2 story section of the property (no elevator----so keep that in mind for any future stays). Chances are you'll be so excited you won't sleep much anyway.