POA balcony size vs cabin size

pmb0602

Looking at the stateroom descriptions on the website it says a regular balcony room is 178 sq ft, a large balcony room is 217 – 233 sq ft and an aft large balcony is 227 – 233 sq ft. Is the differences in square footage all for the balcony, meaning are the cabins themselves all the same size? They use the same picture for every different balcony room, so I’m guessing the extra space is only in the balcony – is that correct? And if that is correct, the aft balcony is no wider than a regular balcony, just deeper? If it matters we are looking at deck 9.

And a second question - does the POA have issues with soot on the aft balconies as I have heard other ships do? Maybe soot is an issue with all aft cabins . . . . Thanks!

I was in 9702 and had no issue with soot or other debris. Enjoy your cruise, it is wonderful.

I was in 9702 and had no issue with soot or other debris. Enjoy your cruise, it is wonderful.

Good to hear!! How about the cabin size? Is an aft balcony cabin the same size as a regular balcony cabin?

Good to hear!! How about the cabin size? Is an aft balcony cabin the same size as a regular balcony cabin?

I think so, but I only got peek-a-boo views of the other balcony cabins when the steward had a door open. The aft balcony was very large. We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, two small tables.