Rental Cars Miami

BeeGee

We need to get a rental car out of the NCL Miami Port after we arrive back from our cruise. I've had zero luck finding out what rental agencies have offices at the NCL Miami dock. If anyone knows if there are any rental agencies or what the dock address is (so we can look up) that would be wonderful.

(Cruisin on th Sun March 4th!)

None do, that's why you can't find any infor. I suggest hiring a taxi, approximately a $20 fare, to Miami's International Airport, where you will find rent-a-car counters.

Surf to following for more information:

http://www.miami-airport.com/html/car_rentals.html

http://www.miami-airport.com/html/car_rental_list.html

I have a reservation for a rental car with Thrifty and they pick me up at the Port of Miami and shuttle me to their location which is about 6 miles away.

I know that I picked up a car at the Port of Miami last time that we took a cruise from there, but that was a few years ago and I cannot remember the company.

Alamo's website says that they have a location at the Port, but that may be the same situation as Thrifty.

We need to get a rental car out of the NCL Miami Port after we arrive back from our cruise. I've had zero luck finding out what rental agencies have offices at the NCL Miami dock. If anyone knows if there are any rental agencies or what the dock address is (so we can look up) that would be wonderful.

(Cruisin on th Sun March 4th!)

We made a Thrifty reservation through their website. They have a location you can choose called "Miami Cruise Ship Pickup". We set up our rental to pick up there, and return the car to the Ft Lauderdale airport where we are flying out of the next day. I found Thrifty's rates to be very good compared to some of the other companies I checked.

Hope this helps

Last time we cruised, we picked up a rental the day before in Ft. Lauderdale at the airport and dropped it off the morning of the cruise at one of major hotels in downtown Miami. (I don't remember which one.) They drove us to the pier which was only about a mile or so away. We used Enterprise. It was an easy way to go and less expensive than the ship transfers with 4 of us traveling together.

Alamo's shuttle from the port takes you to the Airport to pick up your car. There is NO one that has a shuttle or office at the pier HOWEVER, you can rent from either Avis or Hertz from there Downtown location and take a taxi to the office about 5 min from the pier. This is what I am doing with Avis. I am dropping this same car at the airport, no extra charge.

When we arrived in Miami after our cruise we took a taxi a small distance to the downtown Hertz rental car office.

Personally I will always rent with Hertz from now on!

The 'Hertz Never Lost' GPS system in the cars are AWSOME! you literally cannot get lost! and super easy to use :)

I forget how much the cab fare was but it was minimal and we were happy to get off the cruise port and away from the chaos of disembarking passengers ;)

• 1 month later...
We made a Thrifty reservation through their website. They have a location you can choose called "Miami Cruise Ship Pickup". We set up our rental to pick up there, and return the car to the Ft Lauderdale airport where we are flying out of the next day. I found Thrifty's rates to be very good compared to some of the other companies I checked.

You mentioned Thrifty will pick you up. But can you drop off your Thrifty's car at the port as well before getting on your cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived