JFK to Cape Liberty

Hello all, I will likely be flying in to JFK before heading to Port Liberty for Anthem 10/4/2018. I live in Las Vegas and am considering doing a red eye on 10/3/2018 arriving at JFK just shy of 8am on 10/4/2018.

A couple questions:

1) Am I cutting it too close to get from JFK to Port Liberty that morning? Should I try to fly into Newark instead?

2) What are my transportation options? Shuttle, Uber, etc? I've been trying to do research on East Coast departures forum but I've gotten myself all confused. :o

Any help is appreciated!

I strongly suggest you fly into Newark (EWR). Much closer to the port and much less chance of traffic issues. You can get a car service to take you to the port for around $60. We used Dial 7 and were very pleased.

I strongly suggest you fly into Newark (EWR). Much closer to the port and much less chance of traffic issues. You can get a car service to take you to the port for around $60. We used Dial 7 and were very pleased.

Excellent. I was thinking Newark may be a better option. I'm not at all familiar with NY/NJ and want to make sure I choose the easiest possible option.

Excellent. I was thinking Newark may be a better option. I'm not at all familiar with NY/NJ and want to make sure I choose the easiest possible option.

I also believe that Uber/Lyft is an option for transportation, but we didn't use them.

Everyone has stated what I would have said. Fly into EWR (Newark)...as NY is HELL on weekdays. EWR is very close to the cruise port and I would imagine, cheaper than JFK. Uber to the port. Easy Peasy! Have a great time on the Anthem. Wonderful ship!

PS:...We just returned home from a cruise and landed at EWR and outside of the airport, there were tons of LYFT and UBER cars lined up just waiting for a call!

Having lived on Long Island for many years I can tell you that being in a vehicle on the Belt Parkway on a weekday morning going either direction is not something that is desirable! As others have said, fly into Newark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm guessing the Belt Parkway is what I would be taking if I flew into JFK and tried to get to CL from there?

Everyone has stated what I would have said. Fly into EWR (Newark)...as NY is HELL on weekdays. EWR is very close to the cruise port and I would imagine, cheaper than JFK. Uber to the port. Easy Peasy! Have a great time on the Anthem. Wonderful ship!

PS:...We just returned home from a cruise and landed at EWR and outside of the airport, there were tons of LYFT and UBER cars lined up just waiting for a call!

I use Uber all the time here, so I'll stick with it instead of a car service! Thank you for the advice!

Yup, EWR and Uber is the way to go. JFK is a No-No. Avoid it at all costs.

Will do. Thanks!

I'm guessing the Belt Parkway is what I would be taking if I flew into JFK and tried to get to CL from there?

Yup, and it's a mess unless you are driving non-rush hour times. Also - rush hour is a loose term since a lot of hours are rush hours here. Unless it's 11am or 9am on a weekend it's rush hour. I am exaggerating but not by a whole lot.

There are always other routes but the Belt is the most direct route. You take it to the Verrazano Bridge to Staten Island and from there the Bayonne Bridge to Bayonne. Normally it is less than an hour but at rush hour it could be much worse. Given your time frame you would still make it but it would also be much more expensive than going from Newark so unless the price of flights is much less to JFK, Newark is still the best bet. Also, if flying in the morning of the cruise I’d want the closest airport, which is Newark, and also the earliest I could get in case of delays.

Sent from my iPad using Forums