Waitlist

ladymadeline

I contacted a travel agent about a particular Viking Cruise in 2019 and she said it was already sold out. (Bergen to Montreal). She said we could be put on a waitlist. I said please add us. I haven’t heard anything more. She didn’t ask for any information. How do I know if we’re really on the waitlist? I should mention we’ve never used her before (found her solely based on searching for a new agent online). Our regular agent retired last year. Never been on a waitlist before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You picked a "hot ticket" cruise that Viking is only doing once next year so it did sell out fast! However, being more than a year out there is still hope that if you are waitlisted you will get a cabin. We were waitlisted on another cruise line for one of those "once per year" cruises and were fortunate enough to be able to sail with them (it was a special anniversary cruise and we thought that booking a year in advance would be more than sufficient but we learned the lesson that those infrequent itineraries really sell out fast!) Keeping fingers crossed that you will be as lucky as we were!

You might want to check directly with Viking as to whether they are waitlisting the cruise. The Viking web site just shows all categories as "sold out" rather than waitlisted while the sailings (there are two) this year show some categories as "sold out" and others as waitlisted. Perhaps it is still too early to do that for the cruise that you are interested in but perhaps Viking could reassure you about that waitlist claim by your TA. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

We found a Viking Ocean cruise we wanted to take and it was sold out. However check back when final payments are due and cabins open up since some people decide not to go. For some the date is a year out for final payment and some have six month out due dates.

Same cruise. Same wait list. Big sigh. We asked the onboard Viking consultant about it in May 2018 just after we boarded our Homelands cruise. It was already sold out. Our TA does keep checking with Viking. She says we may hear something a few months out. Just hope we then have enough time to book our flights (we prefer to do our own air) and pre-cruise visits.

Here's what happened when I contacted Viking Ocean this morning. They said the cruise is sold out and they do not have an official waitlist, although the travel agent I contacted may have a process to get us on a waitlist through her own contact at Viking. What???? He suggested I contact the travel agent again. My head hurts.