Pharmacy in Cozumel?

BENHANDEL

Hi all! I am considering finding a pharmacy in Cozumel during our port stop there at the end of December. I'd be interested in cheaper prices on my asthma inhalers. (Nothing illicit, LOL, flovent cost over $300 with my terrible insurance so I skip it as much as possible)

We will be spending the morning and early afternoon at chankanaab. The Excursion is booked through Carnival and scheduled to end at 2:30. We depart the port at 6 pm. Any suggestions on the best places or how to manage logistics from getting from the excursion, to a pharmacy and back to the ship?

Also wondering about written prescription requirements both for the pharmacy and re-entry to US. My prescription is written as once a month, refillable for 12 months. If I were to get more than one of each of my medicines, would that be allowed through customs?

TiA

I would NEVER have any prescribed medication filled outside the U.S. Even though you might be able to get the "name" filled. I wouldn't guarantee the ingredients. You never know what percentage of active ingredients are in it or even if its the same compound. The medication may do more harm than good IMO

There was a pharmacy at the International Pier the last time we were there. I don’t believe the require a prescription for most items. I would have a copy of your prescription in case you are questioned at customs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums