Gee its good to be back home!

HollyB

Lois - I will be really anxious to hear how your Horizon Bermuda cruise is. If they do the Bermuda from Norfolk next year, I'll definitely do that cruise. We're only 4 hours from Norfolk, actually used to live in Virginia Beach and work in Norfolk, so we would save airfare. Seriously thought about doing that cruise this year - the 5/29 one - but DD was expecting on 5/24 and DH really wanted to do Alaska. DH got his way with Alaska, and DD delivered my first grandson pretty early (on 5/3)!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HollyB:
Sorry should have made this clear, it was P and O's own board for booked guests I posted on... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for posting that. I host the P&O Board on Cruise Critic as well as this one and I, too, was confused. I can't recall the last time I had to take action on any posts on that board and I didn't recall any nasty posts directed at anyone who sailed on Oceana.

That said, remember that the target market for P&O is a British family looking for a budget, Princess style, cruise. They don't try to compete with Celebrity at all.

(P & O is the parent company of a number of different cruise lines including Princess, P & O Cruises, several ferry lines and freight lines, and is now part of the Carnival Corporation.)

Walt Tuthill
Cruise Board Moderator

Contact at [email]Shiptender@aol.com[/email]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HollyB:
Oh and I was accused of being a "Celebrity Girl"..what do you think guys, do I get shot for that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Welcome back Holly!
I would consider the above comment a compliment - after all isn't it great to be a "Celebrity"!
I think Chandris named his cruiseline appropriately - I always feel like I am treated as a celebrity while on a cruise (I only have cruised Celebrity). What a letdown to come back to the real world after a cruise!
We're waiting for the fall 2005 transatlantic to come out - plan on doing that every other year. I know of a few others that were on the 2003 trans that plan on repeating in 2005.
I was glad to read your comments. I often wonder if we are right in sticking only with Celebrity. Thanks to your mini review, it's nice to confirm that we made the correct choice for us!

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92
Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93
Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95
Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99
Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01
Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02
Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03
Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

[This message was edited by hajekfam on 06-18-04 at 01:52 PM.]

Archived