Meraviglia Buffet

meadowlander

I am booked on Meravglia fall 2019, first time on MSC. I have late dining but my question concerns the buffet on this ship. Is there a variety for both lunch and dinner or is it mostly the same day to day with just a few different choices daily? Is the dinner buffet on this ship similar to Seaside which uses sections of the buffet as a main dining room?

I see water is the only beverage available at lunch/dinner in the buffet. I have the "drinks on us" promotion. Are there servers in the buffet to take drink orders?

Lastly, I read that some shows must be booked. I will not have the MSC app. Can I schedule entertainment online or once on board use the touch screens?

Thank you.

Hello!

I have not sailed Seaside yet (we will be on this ship in January) but we had a cruise on Meraviglia last April/May, so I try to answer your questions...

You´ll have in the buffet restaurant for lunch and dinner some "standard dishes" which will be there everyday (e.g. Pizza). But there will be also some new dishes every day (different Pasta, Risotto, etc. etc.) For dinner they will serve in the buffet also some things, that are on the menu of the MDR (same as you experienced on Seaside).

Yes there will be waiters in the buffet, which take orders for drinks.

Yes you can also use the touchscreens on board or book it via your TV on your cabin.

We actually thought the lunch selection in the buffet was better than the dinner one, you did find different items at both. We cruised on her in April and ate in the buffet nearly every meal (because the MDR was so poor, sure they will improve it when they move the ship to the US). They seemed to open every station for lunch and only half of them for dinner. At lunch they also open the outdoor grill with burgers etc. The dessert selection was much wider at lunch than dinner as well so get your fix then.

They don't use any section of the buffet as an MDR so there is plenty of seating room in there in the evening. Late evening they only have the pizza/sandwich section open.

Along with water you could also get milk, tea and coffee- but yeah no flavoured waters, lemonade or anything like you'd get on US lines.

There is a full bar in the buffet and actually little buzzers on the tables where you can call a server to you.

We didn't use the MSC app much, we booked all the shows on the touch screens. They are easy to use. Keep in mind that if you book the Cirque shows in advance (which I recommend as it's cheaper) you need to head to the Cirque box office as soon as you can to be allocated a show time. Our cruise was a bit odd with multiple boarding ports and we found almost no availability to book in Cirque. The other shows were on multiple times a night and always had availability.

On my recent seaview cruise the buffet on deck 16 had a theme night every night eg Mediterranean,german,mexican, Brazilian and it just rotated everynight. The main buffet was half closed on a night and not much selection but i loved their pizza and burgers anyway so it was ok. Regarding drinks,juices available at breakfast only which i thought a bit strange but my drinks package made up for it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for the help. It appears the buffet is similar to lines I have cruised especially with themed nights and offerings same as on the dining room menu. I found it unusual on Seaside that sections of the buffet restaurant are used as a main dining.

Having the drinks on us promo will be supplement the water only offering at lunch and dinner.

I am booked on Meravglia fall 2019, first time on MSC. I have late dining but my question concerns the buffet on this ship. Is there a variety for both lunch and dinner or is it mostly the same day to day with just a few different choices daily? Is the dinner buffet on this ship similar to Seaside which uses sections of the buffet as a main dining room?

I see water is the only beverage available at lunch/dinner in the buffet. I have the "drinks on us" promotion. Are there servers in the buffet to take drink orders?

Lastly, I read that some shows must be booked. I will not have the MSC app. Can I schedule entertainment online or once on board use the touch screens?

Thank you.

They no longer have the buffet as main dining room at night. There is plenty of variety for lunch and dinner, you can use the touch screens. There are other option to drink besides water and there are servers to take your drink order just push a button at your table.

Huge variety at lunch and dinner, although pizza, breads, mozzarella, pesto, sundried tomatoes and salad were always there. Possibly some others, but hot dishes and desserts were constantly changing. In fact, my favorite dessert was the carrot cake, and I had it for lunch on day 1 and only saw it once after that, on someones plate, but by the time I got to the dessert station it was gone.

We are on Maraviglia 9/24. Many past cruises, but first MSC and first Europe. I am a bit confused on some things. Is tap water available for free? I read somewhere that U.S. customers were issued a number of bottles of water to be used throughout the cruise. Is that correct? I know there is a charge for Cirque, but are other shows free? What other shows are aavailable?

We are on Maraviglia 9/24. Many past cruises, but first MSC and first Europe. I am a bit confused on some things. Is tap water available for free? I read somewhere that U.S. customers were issued a number of bottles of water to be used throughout the cruise. Is that correct? I know there is a charge for Cirque, but are other shows free? What other shows are aavailable?
From what others have said water is free for U.S. customers. Hoping that's the case but haven't found a way to confirm. I'm going in November. Would greatly appreciate if you could report back when you return.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app