Cave Tubing Recommendations

debihen

Now that our NCL Dream cruise is over, I wanted to take a moment and recommend a GREAT cave tubing company. Because of reviews we read here on Cruise Critic, we opted to book our own cave tubing adventure with Regie Tour. http://www.regtour.com/

This tour is TOP NOTCH! Regie is prompt with emails, gives very detailed instructions as to how to find his van/bus, and has polite, friendly, and informative staff. We enjoyed Jamal as a tour guide. He was knowledgible on the history of Belize and gave us much information about the area as we traveled by bus to the cave tubing area. Once we were there, we enjoyed a beautiful hike (not difficult) to the spot where we entered the water and began our float. All equipment (life vest, head lamp and tube) was provided and in great shape. Safety is first with this tour, and we all felt well taken care of. After the float, we enjoyed a wonderful meal in a small restaurant located at the park. A large chicken dinner complete with dessert and drink, all for $5 each! Regie and his staff are wonderful to work with, and we give this tour a rousing THUMBS UP!!!

I'm glad to hear you had a good time. I am booked with Reggie on January 26th, and am really looking forward to it.

Rebecca

You will not be sorry, Regie and his group are top notch! Our guide was Jamal (Regie's son) and he is a wonderful young man!

We took our two teens in December with cave-tubing.com and found it to be fun and exciting but not at all dangerous. Yhony and Timmy, the guides are walking or leading you at all times and constantly making sure all are OK. I am a total chicken and found it to be less scary than whitewater rafting and just the right amount of adventure. Cave-tubing.com is a great, responsible group and you will love them.

We took our two teens in December with cave-tubing.com and found it to be fun and exciting but not at all dangerous. Yhony and Timmy, the guides are walking or leading you at all times and constantly making sure all are OK. I am a total chicken and found it to be less scary than whitewater rafting and just the right amount of adventure. Cave-tubing.com is a great, responsible group and you will love them.

I agree!! Yhony and staff were awesome! We were on the Carnival Valor 11/27-12/4 cruise. We compared reviews we read here about Reggie's and cave-tubing.com and decided to go with cave-tubing.com after reading how wonderful Yhony is. We made the right choice!

Another couple with us was late tendering, so my husband and I found Yhony where we were supposed to meet and told him the other couple would be late, and he said he'd wait for us. He let his other tour guides leave with the other guests so they wouldn't have to wait on us, and Yhony was kind enough to wait around until the other couple came and drove us personally to the trailhead and was our personal guide during the whole cave tubing experience. There was maybe 18 of us altogether with cave-tubing.com. Reggie's was a "busload"!!!

After the beautiful (approx. 2-mile) trek through the rainforest, we arrived at the entry point. After getting in the water and onto our tubes, we created three rows of chainlinks. Like this...cruise2005Belize2.jpg

Each row had a guide to steer us, Yhony was ours. Going thru the caves was awesome. Some were pretty lengthy. Yhony and staff were the best!! We can't knock Reggie's since we've never used them, but we can say their group was larger so they didn't get the "personal" touch as we did, and we got to enter and exit the water before Reggie's group did.

Yhony took our group to a great place afterwards for rice & beans and bbq chicken lunch!! It was awesome too!!

You can't go wrong with Yhony and cave-tubing.com!!!

Hi:

We sailed out of Miami on November 27 on the Valor, and we had Reggie Tours for our Cave Tubing in Belize. Reggie Tours are great!! We had quite a big group of maybe 30 or so, and he had one of his guides for every 7 or so people-so we really felt safe-Lionel was our guide and he was really great-Thanks Lionel! They also had one of their guides who was once in the National Guard, and was very proficient in lifesaving and water safety etc.-but at the same time was alot of fun! Also the walk through the rainforest was really wonderful-I highly recommend Reggie Tours!

icon1.gifJust returned from Cave-tubing.com

I highly recommend Yhony and Cave-tubing.com

We were a group of 8 and ranged from ages 20 to 78. My dad age 78 had trouble with the 30 minute walk It was up and down muddy hills and rocks. They were so good with him. They watched him and even offered to give him a piggy-back ride! The bus ride to the tubing is over an hour and very bumpy. No bathrooms! Yhony talks to you the whole time which makes it fun. If you have little kids or older folks it may not be the ideal side trip. My mom stayed on the ship. The tubing is fun. We all hooked together and it was safe. Lasted maybe an hour and a half. Lunch was good at a local restaurant of chicken and rice and beans. If you are going-have fun! :)

Archived