Tampa Hotel Pre-Cruise

Cruiser-66

I have read these boards so much that I'm confused! There is a lot of good information and I appreciate everyone that takes time to post. We are flying in on March 1st and sailing on the 2nd. Need a room for one night, either at the airport area or on the way to port. I'm hoping to get a room thru Priceline, but if it happens it will probably be close to the time. Need a back up in case it falls thru. It seems hotels for this time are much higher than what they were going for in Jan. or Feb.. Are their any recomendations for hotels that can be canceled. Do I need to book directly with the hotel in order to cancel, or are their web sites that let you do this? We want a hotel as reasonable as possible, but must be clean and in a save area. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Anything in the Westshore area near the airport is safe. Find out what's available on one of the booking engines like Expedia or Orbitz, then book direct with the hotel on the hotel's website. It will be fully cancellable.

If you will have a car you can expand your options to the Busch Gardens area.

I use http://www.sidestep.com to check rates. They search all sights for the lowest rate - then give you a link to book directly with that hotel. You can use it for car rentals and air as well. It is not like Expedia where you book it with them - but it is simply a search function.

The other site that I use is http://www.placestostay.com - which is a European company ( I think ) that has "dump" rates in the US. You do have to prepay for the hotel - and it is non refundable - but I routinely use them to book LaPlaya resort in Naples Fl - I get it for $140 and the rack rate for that same hotel is $400-500 per night. It is worth a search.

Stay away from Busch Gardens hotel - some of them can be seedy. There is a new Hilton Garden Inn at Ybor City ( great hotel - watch where you go there at night though ) that is really convienent to the pier.

I won a bid for $50 on Priceline for our precruise Tampa stay last month and got the Wyndham Westshore. We were very pleased with the accommodations. You can book them directly thru the internet but it's alot cheaper if you win them thru Priceline. Happy Sailing!

I got the Wyndham Harbour Island thru priceline for $100..Reg price is 280 and up. Previous poster that said Don Cesar is right about the hotel, it is lovely, but it is on the beach and not near the port. Go to priceline and you will be able to get a good rate. Jill:cool:

Archived