Springhill Suites by Marriott Dania Beach

lswilmot

We are booked into the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach for our pre-cruise night. Anyone have any personal experience with this property? We've stayed elsewhere in the past, but after a terrible stay earlier this year, we're making a switch.

Lori :)

I stayed there post cruise this past April. I requested early check-in when I booked online and there was no problem with doing that when we arrived (around 11 in the morning). After settling in, we walked to Chipotle for lunch, used the pool in the afternoon, and used Rustic Inn's van shuttle service for dinner. Our flight the next morning was very early - we took the hotel's first shuttle to the airport so we left before breakfast hours started. I would stay there again.

We have 5 rooms booked for February 2019. Got a great rate & reviews seemed mostly favorable. Lately there seems to be some less favorable but mostly concerning slow shuttle service & "dated" rooms. I can handle shuttle & dated issues if it's clean & in a safe area.

I have stayed there twice. They will send a complimentary van to the airport to pick you up. But you have to get your luggage first, then call them to tell them you are ready for pick up. One time, it took forever and 2 phone calls before the van came. It was rush hour and the airport traffic was backed up.

There is a shopping center across the street with lots of stores and a few restaurants. We ate at a diner that was good. Also, we went to a Wal Mart or K-Mart to pick up some items before the cruise.

The breakfast at the hotel is complimentary. There are lots of cruisers, so the elevator is busy in the morning. Just allow time for that.

We are booked into the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach for our pre-cruise night. Anyone have any personal experience with this property? We've stayed elsewhere in the past, but after a terrible stay earlier this year, we're making a switch.

Lori :)

Stayed there around a half-dozen times, very pleased. Good service, clean rooms, walking distance to restaurants. Used to have a free shuttle to the port, however I believe they now charge for that.