What Time do MSC Transfers Begin (FLL ---> POM)?

TnTom

I am considering an early morning flight into FLL on the morning of embarkation. I feel pretty comfortable with doing that since there are a number of other Southwest flights that would get me there well before the 7:00pm sailing if something went wrong (such as a flight cancellation). The flight I am thinking of would arrive at FLL at 8:40am, and by the time I got through baggage claim, it would be after 9:00am.

I realize I will probably have to wait somewhere at some point, but I am trying to figure out where and how long. Does anyone know how early the MSC transfers begin arriving and leaving FLL (I am guessing they pick up arriving passengers after dropping off departures)? Knowing what a madhouse FLL can be, I think I would rather not do the waiting there.

Hi Tom-my experience last year was they waited had us wait in the arrival section of the FLL terminal until they had enough passengers for a full bus. Our plane landed at 10:45 am and it was closer to noon before we boarded the bus.

I would suggest using SAS or Jiffy Jeff. It’s cheaper and even though you might make a couple of stops along the way you will get to the ship quicker.

Thank you! I am glad I asked... I wasn't expecting it to be noon before the first bus filled up (figured it would actually be 10:00 or so).

I have trouble standing for very long lengths of time, so I am not hell bent on arriving at the cruise terminal during the rush (noonish). Waiting at FLL might not be so bad, if I just know what to expect.

I appreciate the feedback!

I am considering an early morning flight into FLL on the morning of embarkation. I feel pretty comfortable with doing that since there are a number of other Southwest flights that would get me there well before the 7:00pm sailing if something went wrong (such as a flight cancellation). The flight I am thinking of would arrive at FLL at 8:40am, and by the time I got through baggage claim, it would be after 9:00am.

I realize I will probably have to wait somewhere at some point, but I am trying to figure out where and how long. Does anyone know how early the MSC transfers begin arriving and leaving FLL (I am guessing they pick up arriving passengers after dropping off departures)? Knowing what a madhouse FLL can be, I think I would rather not do the waiting there.

That should be your last choice, QLS or SAS take you right to the port starting at 9:00 and 10:00 , 11;00. $15 pp and you can take Lyft right to the port.

I have vacillated on the idea, and I am now thinking I will fly into FLL the evening before. I have asked for a quote from QLS, and I am thinking I will use their service to get to the Regency Hotel near MIA. That hotel offers shuttle service to the port for a nominal fee, and I think I will be in better shape to hit the ground running on the cruise.

Thank you for the input!!

I have vacillated on the idea, and I am now thinking I will fly into FLL the evening before. I have asked for a quote from QLS, and I am thinking I will use their service to get to the Regency Hotel near MIA. That hotel offers shuttle service to the port for a nominal fee, and I think I will be in better shape to hit the ground running on the cruise.

Thank you for the input!!

We stayed in Regency Hotel near MIA in May when we cruised with MSC Seaside. We left the hotel around 11am (maybe because there were other hotel patrons that planned to used the shuttle but didn't inform the front desk). We used a bigger shuttle bus instead of the smaller van. Cruisers were dropped-off at the Carnival terminal first before MSC. We were at the Terminal F around 11:30am. We were in the Pre-Boarding area of the terminal around 12 noon. Non-YC cruisers started boarding around 12:15pm. We were in the ship around 12:30pm and we hit the buffet in Deck 8 immediately.

Enjoy your cruise.

We stayed in Regency Hotel near MIA in May when we cruised with MSC Seaside. We left the hotel around 11am (maybe because there were other hotel patrons that planned to used the shuttle but didn't inform the front desk). We used a bigger shuttle bus instead of the smaller van. Cruisers were dropped-off at the Carnival terminal first before MSC. We were at the Terminal F around 11:30am. We were in the Pre-Boarding area of the terminal around 12 noon. Non-YC cruisers started boarding around 12:15pm. We were in the ship around 12:30pm and we hit the buffet in Deck 8 immediately.

Enjoy your cruise.

That sounds like a perfect schedule to me! THANKS!