Do I have a right to be angry?

247kay

I need to re-name this "I know this is my fault and I am no longer upset with anyone so please stop posting snide remarks as they are not helpful and rude."

Good morning - based on all the posts and your replies - it appears that you are going to "give the cove balcony a shot". Good for you!!! We (mom, sis and I) actually booked a cove balcony (on purpose) to see how they were and because - the price was right. Personally - we all LOVED the cove. Being so close to the water - sometimes even feeling the splash was fantastic. I hope you go with an open mind and enjoy the fact that you are cruising. :cool: (things could be worse... you could NOT be cruising... because from your posts it sounds like you enjoy cruising!!!) :cool:

Hope you and your family have an AWESOME time!!!!;)

Thanks!!
My hubby warned me not to wade into that conversation, but I really thought I could help - if nothing else, maybe explain.

From reading the last few posts, now it seems people are replying to Me, as if I wrote the original statement! Amazing to me how little people read the posts fully on Cruise Critic!

Anyway, don't take all the blame! You didn't know! Just go forward, enjoy your cruise & learn from it. If you didn't get anything from Guest Resolutions, please let me know. We are diamond with Carnival, which means we get our own private vacation planner to book with. This is a subject I will bring up with them so they can learn too.

If I can assist you in any way with cruising, please feel free to contact me! We are currently booked for 8 cruises with Carnival.

Enjoy! Calm seas,

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

OP: if you decide got want to try the cove now, great have a wonderful cruise

If you would still prefer a regular balcony, call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them what happened, and ask them to check the recording they probably have. Chances are they will honor what the rep said.

And, this is not your fault at all. This booking was done on the phone, not on line. There is no written contract, only what was said on the phone, and carnival should thus honor the statements made by the rep.

This was a guarantee made on the phone. OP asked if a certain type was part of rate. OP was told no. That is part of oral contract made on phone.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

The rep should not have assured the OP of not getting a cove balcony. Reps do not have the authority to make such statements. That said, a balcony guarantee is just that, a guarantee of a balcony, good, bad, or somewhere in the middle, and nothing more. Still, coves are great. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the OP enjoys it a lot more than they anticipate enjoying it.

You have a right to be angry at the rep. But if you’ve never sailed in a cove balcony I highly recommend it. You’re closer to the water. The sounds are amazing (if you look back on John Healds Facebook in April he has a video of it) the cabins are big and the balcony is actually bigger than the regular balconies. So so private and cozy. Your only view is the beautiful water not the decks and people below. I truly do think you’ll love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a balcony cabin at a rate where the cabin would be choosen for me. I have done this before on a ship without cove balconies. I asked the agent MULTIPLE times if I might get a cove. I had already checked and noticed all the coves were booked anyways and she assured me over and over that I would not be assigned a cove. Well guess what....COVE! I am frustrated and feel that since there are numerous balconies open they should be able to move me with out charging me. I may would have left my booking as is if I had known this was a possibility (I was booked on a another sailing). This was not my fault in my view as I was assured by their agent that a cove was not a possibility. I don't want to hear from people about how they love the coves I know some people feel that way but we wanted a regular balcony and I feel that I should have gotten one as this is what I was told. Is there someone else I can contact to ask about this. When I call their regular number I just get very unhelpful vacation planner.

That's Carnival for you. They figure that if you are unhappy and go somewhere else there are plenty of other people who want to cruise and they don't give a hoot about customer relations

I knew that on ships with obstructed views that was a possibility but I also knew the Dream doesn't have obstructed views.

I was afraid the cove would feel closed in and not open and also that there would be no breeze. In your experience there was more of a breeze? I also felt that when seated all I would see is the sky and not the sea.

You should thank your lucky stars you got a cove on dream. With the regular balconies on dream all you see is deck 5. At last with a cove, you can see and be close to the water and thand view is much nicer at night as you don’t get blinded by deck 5’s bright lights.