NCL Escape Bermuda Scuba Excursions

lightingafire

I am going to Bermuda on the Escape in 3 weeks and have my $50 excursion credit to use. I received my PADI certification in May of 2017 but have not gone scuba diving since, so I believe the Discover Scuba Dive may be my best bet. Has anyone done this excursion before and if so, what was your experience? Any other info on Bermuda diving/excursions/activities is welcomed as well! :D

I would just book the certified dive unless there is a minimum number of dives required or some other requirement you do not meet. Just be honest about your experience.

I agree. If you have your PADI open water I wouldn't bother with the discover scuba excursion. Just let the dive master know you haven't dove since your class. Maybe review the basics on your own before you go.

I agree. If you have your PADI open water I wouldn't bother with the discover scuba excursion. Just let the dive master know you haven't dove since your class. Maybe review the basics on your own before you go.

Thank you! Yes, I have been trying to refresh my knowledge! :cool:

Along with what the others said; they will likely give you a form to fill out that will include your experience. They might assign a dive master to be your dive partner but beyond that there should not be a issue. I certified earlier this year with the open water portion in a lake, and for me the biggest difference on my first dive was being able to see; the lake was 10 ft visibility...Cozumel was over 100 ft visibility.

We sail on 19 AUG, and I'm scheduled for the Bermuda dive so I'll post a update on what it's like.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome, thank you!!! Have a fantastic cruise! :cool:
Got back today (BOO!) My advise, book the dive. They run 20' - 40' deep, pretty good visibility (say +50 feet), and no real current to deal with. Some things to note:

- These are not concierge dives, meaning you'll have to set up your own gear (ie. regulator, BCD, etc.).

- They will have what ever you need (mask, fins, etc.) at no extra charge if you don't take your own

- No between dive snack, but they do have water

Just make sure you have your dive card, and just let the dive master know...you'll be fine.

• 4 weeks later...