Recommendations for this port?

Oliviamichele

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience at this port? Is is easy to catch a cab and safe there? Are there beaches or shopping within walking distance ? If we get a cab, what would you recommend us see or go? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will need to Uber or get a cab to the beaches. There is much shopping and restaurants, bars within walking distance from the port. This is my husbands and I 15 cruise out of San Juan. We love it there and headed Sept 9th out of there. We always stay a few days on either side just to enjoy it there!

You will need to Uber or get a cab to the beaches. There is much shopping and restaurants, bars within walking distance from the port. This is my husbands and I 15 cruise out of San Juan. We love it there and headed Sept 9th out of there. We always stay a few days on either side just to enjoy it there!

Thank you so much for the information! [emoji2]

We were there about two years ago, and will be again this November. We didn't book any excursions with the ship, but got off and there were dozens of people in the same shirts, offering tours. We ended up going with one of them, and it was the best tour of a location we've ever had. It was really cheap, like maybe $10-$15 each, and lasted over 3 hours. It was an air conditioned large van, and there were about 8 other people as well. The driver was very knowledgeable about PR and gave a constant talk. He stopped in a couple of places as well. We're hoping to do the same this November. I'm assuming all these drivers are with the same company, as they had the same shirts and white vans.

• 3 weeks later...
We were there about two years ago, and will be again this November. We didn't book any excursions with the ship, but got off and there were dozens of people in the same shirts, offering tours. We ended up going with one of them, and it was the best tour of a location we've ever had. It was really cheap, like maybe $10-$15 each, and lasted over 3 hours. It was an air conditioned large van, and there were about 8 other people as well. The driver was very knowledgeable about PR and gave a constant talk. He stopped in a couple of places as well. We're hoping to do the same this November. I'm assuming all these drivers are with the same company, as they had the same shirts and white vans.

This sounds like the tour we took right from where we got off the ship. Our tour guide was Pedro and the company is San Juan Happy Tours. Interesting, informative and very funny stories from the guide. We will be in San Juan again in early September and will try to join them again if they have a tour to the rain forest.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me what types of tours they offered at the port? Do they go to areas other than Old San Juan? We've visited Old San Juan before and have walked to both forts and around the city a bit. We're wondering if we can find something or somewhere new to us. Unfortunately we never paid attention to tours that were being offered when we got off the ship.