Splendour of the Seas

knomad

We have booked a 6 day cruise on Splendour of the Seas on January 20. It goes to Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel.

We have been on Rhapsody 3 times, but this was kind of a last minute thing and Rhapsody was sold out.

I have not seen much about Splendour on the boards. Can anyone tell me about her? We love Rhapsody, and, as they are both Vision class ships, I expect that Splendour will be similar.

I appreciate anything you can tell us!

Thanks!

The Splendour is a very nice ship. We enjoyed our cruise very much. The food was good, the entertainment great. Ont of the entertainers onboard was the Ladder Guy. He had been on the Century when we sailed her. He is such a great entertainer. The production shows were very good. Quest was a blast!

Would sail her again in a heartbeat!

We took our first cruise on this ship last year . It is a very elegant, well maintained ship with an attentive staff. We really enjoyed the solarium, We had an oceanview cabin .....nothing fancy, but very comfortable. Have fun on this ship! Remember your vacation is what you make of it!:)

On your outside room is the couch a couch or more a chair? Its hard to think one would fit in a room that size.

Check out this site and do a virtual tour. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/home.do;jsessionid=00007RC21F6LFdrVHmQou054MrE:10ktdmlju?br=R&shipCode=SP It may help.

If that link doesn't work, I found one on Expedia by pretending I was booking the Splendour. The link wouldn't paste here. You could try that.

We are also sailing on the Splendour on Jan. 20th for a six night. Was wondereing how many formal nights on six night cruises?

We're sailing on the 20th as well - I've been told that there would only be 1 formal night, as the 2nd sea day is the day before we arrive back at Galvaston - they usually don't make people dress up when their luggage is being taken the same night.....but don't quote me - I may bring a dress that could cover formal or semi-formal!

See you on the Splendour!

Kim.

My Mom and I are also on that cruise. We cruised this ship on a 12 night panama canal cruise out of Galveston in 2004. It is a really nice ship, very much like the Rhapsody. It does have a 18 hole putt-putt. I would like to know hom many formal nights also! I wouldnt think it would be on the last night??

The couch is a couch and is probably about 6 ft long.:)

Thanks for letting me know. Those tours they have doesnt really show a good picture of it where you can tell how large it really is. I felt like it would be many two feet long from hwo it looks there for the outside rooms.

Archived