Gifts & Gear

siouxks

I was wondering if anyone has ordered any gift & gear items? I was thing of ordering the snack pack for my kids & choc. covered strawberries for DH & I.

When do they put into cabins? Prior to sailings? 1st, 2nd day???? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance

Hi- we ordered the stateroom decorations and they were in the room when we arrived. I think you can request when you want them to be delievered. we had no problems at all. I think that some of their prices are a bit high but this is just me. I think the quality is fair to good. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think the chocolate covered strawberries are overpriced for what you get. Wasnt too impressed.

Also, I got the stateroom decorations. Very cool to walk into your stateroom for first time and have these there...and for the duration of cruise. Lots of streamers, a big banner thingy, and balloons. They stayed perfect through the whole cruise. BUT, would I spend $30 to do it again, NOPE!! It was nice for a one time only thing.. but if I want to decorate my stateroom again, I will go to the dollar store.

The thing I DO recommend is the cake that is 8 bucks. Mmmm now THIS WAS GOOD CAKE! Worth every penny.

I ordered chocolate covered strawberries for dh on the Zenith and we got a cake, I think by accident, when I ordered sailaway decorations on the VOS.

They were in the room when we arrived.

While everything was ok there was so much food around that we really had to force ourselves to eat the cake and strawberries so they would not go to waste.

My MIL who is a real snacker actually brought some of her own snacks on VOS, I told her not to, and she never ate them.

Remeber you can always order from room service if you feel snacky.

My 2 cents.

Calms seas,

Caroline

I ordered the birthday stateroom decorations for my husband on our Serenade cruise last year. I agree with the poster that said they were overpriced, would not do it again, but was glad I had done it this one time. It was fun to enter the cabin and see them and the surprised look on my husband's face. I ended up taking them down after a few days because they can be a little overwhelming. After I took them down, the cabin looked bigger and brighter (most of it hangs from the ceiling and kind of fills up a lot of the open space in the cabin).

We have also ordered champagne and strawberries a few times. A little pricey too, but I'll keep ordering them because we like to sit on our balcony that first afternoon relaxing and getting into the "cruise mood".

That makes the price worth it to me.

I have ordered the RCCL towel and use it as a throw on my living room couch. It's a fun reminder of the cruise. I also have the tote bag and love it. Both of these items are of very good quality.

Nobody "needs" any of these items, but they're fun and if something appeals to you and you can afford it, I wouldn't hesitate to order it. They enhance the experience (kind of like these message boards enhance it before the cruise!).

Archived