Goldern - Southern Classic 1/21/06 First Cruise

Sasadoo

Hello

This will be our first cruise. After researching cruises for almost a year, I finally booked our first cruise I over analyze everything, since I am the decision maker when it comes to vacations, I want to make sure I make the best imformed decison. We are taking the Goldern out of San Juan on 1/21/06. We wanted a balcony and wanted to visit as many islands as possible. We booked a balcony on the Baja deck. I have a couple question my fellow cruisers.

How do you rate the food on Golden?

Any feedback on the BAJA balcony room?

What are the temps like on the ship in the evening?

How are the Catamaran's trips on St.Lucia and Barbados?

All feedback welcome

Sasadoo:p

We were on the Golden last April. A beautiful ship with lots to do. If you can, have afternoon tea. Princess does this so well. With so many ports, you can be as busy as you want, or you can just head for the beaches. We had the other Southern itinerary and enjoyed it. We had a balcony cabin on Baja deck, port side. Baja deck is great although the balcony is smaller than those on Caribe deck. It is fully covered.

We loved the themed dining and the food. All in all, a wonderful cruise. Have fun and enjoy.

Hello

This will be our first cruise. After researching cruises for almost a year, I finally booked our first cruise I over analyze everything, since I am the decision maker when it comes to vacations, I want to make sure I make the best imformed decison. We are taking the Goldern out of San Juan on 1/21/06. We wanted a balcony and wanted to visit as many islands as possible. We booked a balcony on the Baja deck. I have a couple question my fellow cruisers.

How do you rate the food on Golden?

Any feedback on the BAJA balcony room?

What are the temps like on the ship in the evening?

How are the Catamaran's trips on St.Lucia and Barbados?

All feedback welcome

Sasadoo:p

Sasadoo---

We were on the Golden 12/17-12/24 on the other itinerary in the So Caribbean. I can answer 2 of your questions-

Food - we thought the food was fabulous - dining rooms all the same menu except for the specialty dining. We tried steakhouse and loved it -food and service were outstanding.

Evening temps - it was cool inside - I always needed a sweater or a shawl. Outside with the breeze it could be coolish, but warmer than inside.

We had Dolphin minisuite balcony - balcony is very nice anywhere - great to watch sail away, docking or just listening to the sounds of the ship sailing.

The Golden was our first cruise and it was so wonderful we are now hooked. You can rest assured you made a good choice on your first cruise (I too tend to second guess my travel decisions)

Happy sailing:p :o

Archived