Zipline tours in Hawaii?? Would you do it??

dazee8

Hi all,

For those who have taken the zipline tours through Princess in Hawaii (Maui and Kauai) I need some feedback for my parents. The are on the Island Princess in April and are interesting in the zipline adventure.

Did you enjoy ziplining? Did you feel safe? Were the guides helpful? Did you see anything or were you going too fast through the trees? Would you do the tour over again?

Thanks mucho!

:)

Hi all,

For those who have taken the zipline tours through Princess in Hawaii (Maui and Kauai) I need some feedback for my parents. The are on the Island Princess in April and are interesting in the zipline adventure.

Did you enjoy ziplining? Did you feel safe? Were the guides helpful? Did you see anything or were you going too fast through the trees? Would you do the tour over again?

Thanks mucho!

I would go ziplining again in a heartbeat!! When I went to Hawaii last April, I could not book via Princess. So I booked directly with Kauai Backcountry Adventures.

I felt safe at all times and had so much fun. Our guides were wonderful! You do move fast so you don't see a lot. But you are having so much fun that you don't care!!

Hope this helps! :)

Jamie

Greatest excursion ever, along with helicopter over glaciers in Juneau. We did it in Puerto Vallarta. I imagine it being even more scenic in Hawaii. Felt very safe and we were taken good care of. Very exhilarating!!!

I would go ziplining again in a heartbeat!! When I went to Hawaii last April, I could not book via Princess. So I booked directly with Kauai Backcountry Adventures.

I felt safe at all times and had so much fun. Our guides were wonderful! You do move fast so you don't see a lot. But you are having so much fun that you don't care!!

Hope this helps! :)

Jamie

Hi Jamie -

We will be stopping in Lahaina (Maui) on the way back to SFO from SYD in early May. I'm interested in the Zipling - Was it less expensive to do direct w/Kauai Backcountry Adventures than w/Princess ?

Thanks. Renee

Looks like there is only 2 zipline tours that are being offered on the Hawaii cruise. One in Maui for $139/ 3hrs. and one in Kauai for $149/ 5 hrs. Interesting that for such a wanted tour they don't have others available for passengers to book. :rolleyes:

Looks like there is only 2 zipline tours that are being offered on the Hawaii cruise. One in Maui for $139/ 3hrs. and one in Kauai for $149/ 5 hrs. Interesting that for such a wanted tour they don't have others available for passengers to book. :rolleyes:

Dazee8,

If I recall correctly, the zipline operation in Maui has only one zipline. The one in Kauai had at least five. You may already be aware of that but I wanted to bring that up in case it will factor into your decision. Of course, it is possible that the Maui operation has added additional ziplines. :confused:

Jamie

Hi Jamie -

We will be stopping in Lahaina (Maui) on the way back to SFO from SYD in early May. I'm interested in the Zipling - Was it less expensive to do direct w/Kauai Backcountry Adventures than w/Princess ?

Thanks. Renee

Renee,

Princess did not offer the excurion when we went so I am not sure what they charge. We paid approximately what Dazee8 quoted.........$149 per person when we booked on our own. What is Princess charging?

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the info on the number of lines that Maui and Kauai have for their tours. I didn't know that they had only one and a few others set up for Kauai. As far as price... the price I quote in the message above for $139 and $149 were Princess ShoreEX prices.

We went on the Zipline in Maui in Nov 2004... there was more than one zipline. Seems to me it was 5 or 7, and they were still adding on. We booked our own. Here are some pics of our zipline adventure in Maui. They consider it an eco-tour, so at each platform, before zipping, they tell you a little about the wildlife, etc. The guides - and the group - were a lot of fun.

We went with Skyline Eco-Adventures. Looks like if you book online, which we did, it's less than $70pp.

Whereever you decide to do it.. it'll be fun!!

We went on the Zipline in Maui in Nov 2004... there was more than one zipline. Seems to me it was 5 or 7, and they were still adding on. We booked our own. Here are some pics of our zipline adventure in Maui. They consider it an eco-tour, so at each platform, before zipping, they tell you a little about the wildlife, etc. The guides - and the group - were a lot of fun.

We went with Skyline Eco-Adventures. Looks like if you book online, which we did, it's less than $70pp.

Whereever you decide to do it.. it'll be fun!!

Boy am I confused!!! :confused: I have no idea where I got the one zipline in Maui!!!

And now I am not sure what we paid..........if those were the Princess prices ($149 and $139) then it was probably less than that.

Jamie

We went on this excursion 1 year ago this week while on an NCLA cruise. We booked through the cruiseline but you can get some info on their website at http://www.hawaiiactive.com/maui/htmls/activities/maui-atv-zipline.html?Ix=7

I believe there were 4 ziplines plus a "practice" zipline which, obviously, was done first.

Those are great pictures, CSloan, that's definitely the same place we were.

As for the original questions...

Did you enjoy ziplining?

Definitely! The most exhilarating part of the entire week.

Did you feel safe?

Always. We even had people in our group who were afraid of heights who enjoyed it. You definitely feel safe.

Were the guides helpful?

Yes, we had two guides who were both very friendly and helpful. One described all sorts of things about Hawai'i and the trees and plants we were seeing.

Did you see anything or were you going too fast through the trees?

You have plenty of time to see stuff. The time actually on the zipline flies by in a few seconds but you're walking through the woods to get from one to another. There was even a suspension bridge to cross (one at a time) which was an entirely different experience than the ziplines, which added a nice touch.

Would you do the tour over again?

Definitely. I wanted to go again as soon as we finished. We asked the guides if they came out and did this during their free time. He said at first they did, but eventually the thrill wears off. I suspect it took a while for that to happen, it is so much fun.

We had friends on the cruise who did the Zipline in Kaua'i instead of the one in Maui. It sounded like theirs was even better than the one we did. We want to try that one on our next Hawaiian cruise. Planning to sail NCLA on the Pride of Hawai'i in a few years.

I highly recommend it. If you have any other questions about it, let me know.

Archived