Balcony sitting VS Room Steward

ebb32

I would think that those with balcony cabins would spend more time in the cabin then those that dont have balconies.

How does this affect the room steward and his/ her daily duties?

At what time do they hope to tend to your cabin?

Would they be okay with you sitting on the balcony while they worked inside the cabin?

The room stewards seem to have ESP and seem to know exactly when you leave. We always have balcony cabins, and they have always had it cleaned by the time we get back from eating or the pool, gym etc. Somehow, they always know.:D

There are motion sensors in the rooms. They know when you're out, unless you are a statue.

It's helpful during the muster drill as well. :eek:

Really?:confused: :confused: I never knew that. Is that really true?

Those room stewards are good! We go have breakfast, wander the ship, go back to the cabin, and voila! Like magic, the cabin is neat as a pin. I'm on my balcony morning, noon and night, but I don't live there. I don't go cruising to sit on my balcony all day so they have ample opportunity to get into the cabin to clean. If there is a card to hang on the door handle when we leave, we always put it out so the steward will know, just in case if his/her ESP isn't working. Of course if you wanted to be on the balcony while the steward was cleaning, I can't think of any reason they would object.

Heat sensors and motion detectors! You guys crack me up! :D

It is amazing how they do it! We loved our balcony and enjoyed it frequently. We sat on it early morning then always went to breakfast. Our room was kept perfectly.

I worried about my boys in the cabin just down the hall from us. One son always wanted to sleep a little later, but their steward was fabulous! When he got up and went to eat, the fairies must have told him to come clean!:)

It can be a problem having your room cleaned if you spend a lot of time on the balcony. On the Destiny there were two days my room wasn't cleaned because I was out on the balcony all morning and into the early afternoon. The second time the steward knocked and asked when I was leaving because he was going off shift in thrity minutes. I wasn't planning on leaving for at least an hour past that time. I told him he could come in and clean while I was outside but he said they weren't allowed to do that. I just told him not to worry about it and to do it in the evening while I was at dinner in that case. I really didn't care if the bed was made up or not and still had plenty of towels.

I wasn't feeling well one evening and left dinner early. Actually was only out of my cabin about 15 minutes. I open my door and the cabin steard was cleaning and doing the turn down on the sheets. He was VERY apoligitic (sp). I assured him, it was ok, to go ahead with what he was doing while I sat on the sofa. He continued working and we had a nice conversation about working on a cruise ship.

No, No, No! They don't use motion detectors or heat sensors, they use in cabin hidden cameras.

Uh oh......am I in trouble ;)

Oh well, thank goodness that what happens at sea stays at sea.....

Note to self: remember to smile for the camera ; )

No, No, No! They don't use motion detectors or heat sensors, they use in cabin hidden cameras.

Uh oh......am I in trouble ;)

Oh well, thank goodness that what happens at sea stays at sea.....

Note to self: remember to smile for the camera ; )

There were quite a few times when we would be in the cabin and our steward would knock. We just went out on the balcony for a bit and he did his work and was gone.

The big joke on a previous cruise I was on was that the stewards actually hid in the drawers, and the minute you came out of the bathroom, they jumped out, refolded the TP with a point and vanished again. I almost swore it was true, cause you could be gone 10 minutes, come back and the dang TP was folded again!:eek:

Archived